All curriculum students who are regularly enrolled at Western Piedmont Community College and who have paid the student activity fee are entitled to vote in Student Government Association elections and to participate in all activities of the SGA. The College encourages student participation in institutional decision-making through Student Senate meetings that are open to all students.
The SGA is designed to promote the general welfare of the College in a democratic fashion and to facilitate communication between students, the faculty, and the administration.
It includes an Executive Council, made up of a President, Vice President, Parliamentarian/Public Information Officer (PIO), Secretary, and Treasurer.
A Student Senate, which is made up of students voted or appointed as representatives of each active, recognized club or organization on the campus during the regular school term is the legislative arm of SGA. There is one Senator per each club/organization with one vote allowed per each.
Your Role in SGA
You are encouraged to attend Senate meetings and to participate in campus activities. Get to know your elected representatives and make sure that they are aware of your cares and concerns.
Volunteer for campus activities promoted by your SGA!
Interested in Becoming an Executive Council Member?
Interested students should contact Student Services in Hildebrand Hall.
Responsibilities of the Executive Council
Below is a list of a few of the duties of the Executive Council. For a complete list of the responsibilities of each elected office, contact the Coordinator of Student Activities.
- President of the SGA represents the students as an Ex-Officio member on the Board of Trustees of Western Piedmont Community College.
- Executive Council members serve on Standing Committees of the College.
- Together with the Student Senate, Executive Council oversees activity funds that are budgeted for social and cultural events, clubs, and organizations that have been officially reorganized by Western Piedmont Community College.
- Preside over Senate meetings through parliamentary procedure and ensure communication to all student organizations of proceedings and outcomes of meetings that take place.
- Organize events and activities such as, but not limited to: Blood Drives, Constitution Day, New Student Orientation, Registration Days, Multicultural Festival, Fall Festival and Spring Fling