The Academic Success Center
Be successful with your classes!
We offer personal tutoring
and resources that help.
Spring Semester Hours
ASC will be closed on January 16
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Note: During semester breaks, the ASC operates on a modified schedule. Contact the ASC at 828-448-3115 for hours of operation.
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center supports students by providing tutoring, testing services, and college preparation assistance.
- ASC professional tutors are available in-person and online.
- Peer tutors offer assistance in specific courses based on individual needs.
- The ASC testing room provides a quiet place to make-up a test, re-take a test, or sit for a proctored exam.
- Resources are available to prepare for placement tests.
Academic Success Center Links
General assistance is available in the ASC to help students who are having common issues such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting their student password, saving a file to a flash drive, etc. Assistance is also provided for study skills, time management, and testing preparations.
Tutoring by ASC professional tutors is available face-to-face and online when classes are in session.
Fall and Spring Tutoring:
- Drop-in tutoring is available in writing Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. For evening hours, call 828-448-3115.
- Visit the In-person Professional Tutoring page for more information.
- WC Online Scheduling Instructions
- Drop-in tutoring is available in math Monday and Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 pm & 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. during Fall and Spring semester.
- Please visit our e-Tutoring page for a detailed schedule and directions for logging into an online session.
Other tutoring is available by appointment. Check with the ASC regarding available subjects and times.
One-on-one peer tutoring is a FREE service provided to any WPCC curriculum student. Students may request a peer tutor in any subject in which they are having difficulty. Visit the Peer Tutoring page for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, check out the job description for more information.
Tutoring in multiple subjects is available through ThinkingStorm, an online tutoring platform. ThinkingStorm is accessible through WPCC Moodle course pages. Please visit our e-Tutoring page for information about accessing ThinkingStorm.
If you are using a screen reader and are having difficulty, please contact Lisa Shaw at (828) 448-3116 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday during normal college operations.
The Academic Success Center assists students who require a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (a fee is required) on a limited basis for the fall semester. For more information, please contact Lisa Shaw, ASC Director at (828) 448-3116 or via e-mail:email@example.com.
Contact the ASC
Academic Success Center
WPCC Library/Academic Success Center
Director, Academic Success Center