The Academic Success Center
Be successful with your classes!
We offer personal tutoring
and resources that help.
Spring Semester Hours
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Any change in the schedule will be posted here. Please check back often for updates.
Special Info for Spring Semester
- WPCC Students may use library services and computers to complete class assignments, access e-Tutoring, and access synchronous classroom sessions.
- WPCC Students may use available table space to complete homework that does not require a computer or to read.
- Students must follow these rules:
- If you are exhibiting flu like symptoms please leave campus.
- The ASC will be open only to currently enrolled WPCC students.
- No children are allowed on campus.
- Maximum occupancy in the ASC is 20 students. You will be assigned a seat and must remain in the assigned seat.
- The ASC promotes the three “W’s” (wear a mask, wait six feet, wash hands).
- It is highly recommended that you disinfect your assigned space before and after use.
- Individual study rooms and collaboration areas are closed until further notice.
- Make-up testing/retesting services are available,
Academic Success Center Links
Computer tutoring is available in the ASC to help students who are having common issues such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting their student password, saving a file to a flash drive, etc. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The computer tutor is available to work with students from one of our ASC cubicles or at a computer following social distance guidelines.
Math & English
Tutoring by ASC professional tutors is available online when classes are in session. Please visit our e-Tutoring page for a detailed schedule and directions for logging into a Math or English online session online.
Math tutoring will also be available in-person in the Academic Success Center as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tutoring for Medical Assisting students is available beginning January 25, 2021. Appointments are required. Call (828) 448-3115 to make an appointment. The schedule for Medical Assisting tutoring is as follows:
- Monday and Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tutoring in multiple subjects is available through ThinkingStorm, an online tutoring platform. ThinkingStorm is accessible through WPCC Moodle course pages. Please visit our e-Tutoring page for information about accessing ThinkingStorm.
Test Proctoring Services
The Academic Success Center assists students who require a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (a fee is required) on a limited basis for the fall semester. For more information, please contact Kristi Farley, ASC Coordinator at (828) 448-3116 or via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.