Academic Success Center
Location: Phifer Hall Building, Room 100, upstairs
Friday, July 3rd, there will be no ASC services due to the observance of the Independence Day Holiday.
There is no e-Tutoring available the week of Monday, June 29th – Friday, July 3rd.
The Academic Success Center will be operating on a limited basis for the summer semester beginning Tuesday, May 26.
A change in the schedule will be posted here. Please check back often for updates.
Janice, the computer tutor, is available this summer to communicate with students via online who are having common computer issues, such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting the school password, saving a file to a flashdrive, etc. Her schedule is as follows:
Monday – Thursday, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Click on the link below to communicate with Janice:
SUMMER 2020 SEMESTER HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please note the following information about services for the summer 2020 semester:
- Students may utilize library services and computers to complete class assignments.
- The following information is posted when students enter:
- Students who are exhibiting flu like symptoms should please leave campus.
- The ASC will be open only to currently enrolled students.
- No children will be allowed on campus.
- Maximum occupancy will be 10. Patrons will be assigned a seat and must remain in the assigned seat.
- The ASC will promote the three “W’s” (wear a mask, wait six feet, wash hands). Masks will not be required, but highly recommended.
- It will be highly recommended that students disinfect their space before and after use.
- Individual study rooms will be closed until further notice.
- There will be no front desk or testing room ASC staff available during the summer semester.
- Make-up testing/retesting services will not be available during the summer semester.
Math and English e-Tutoring is available during the summer semester! Please click on the e-Tutoring tab on the left for a detailed schedule and directions for logging into a session.
More information about professional tutoring is available by clicking Professional Tutoring on the left under Tutoring Services.
Would you like more information about peer tutoring? Please click on the peer tutoring link to the left under Tutoring Services.
The ASC also assists students requiring a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (fee required) on a limited basis for the summer semester. For more information, please contact Lisa Mauney, ASC Coordinator at (828) 448-3116.
The ASC is now on Facebook! Like our page to stay up-to-date with all the latest news and information! We will post pictures, special events, and special announcements regularly. Check us out on Facebook by clicking the icon!
Questions? Comments? Please let us know!
Email the Academic Success Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org