The Academic Success Center
Be successful with your classes!
We offer personal tutoring
and resources that help.
Summer Semester Hours
8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Any change in the schedule will be posted here. Please check back often for updates.
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center supports students by providing tutoring, testing services, and college preparation assistance.
- ASC professional tutors are available in-person and online.
- Peer tutors offer assistance in specific courses based on individual needs.
- The ASC testing room provides a quiet place to make-up a test, re-take a test, or sit for a proctored exam.
- Resources are available to prepare for placement tests.
Academic Success Center Links
Computer tutoring is available in the ASC to help students who are having common issues such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting their student password, saving a file to a flash drive, etc. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tutoring by ASC professional tutors is available face-to-face and online when classes are in session.
Peer tutoring is not available during the Summer semester.
Tutoring in multiple subjects is available through ThinkingStorm, an online tutoring platform. ThinkingStorm is accessible through WPCC Moodle course pages. Please visit our e-Tutoring page for information about accessing ThinkingStorm.
The Academic Success Center assists students who require a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (a fee is required) on a limited basis for the fall semester. For more information, please contact Kristi Farley, ASC Coordinator at (828) 448-3116 or via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.