Academic Success Center
Location: Phifer Hall Building, Room 100, upstairs
A computer tutor is available fall semester in the ASC to work with students who are having common issues, such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting the school password, saving a file to a flashdrive, etc. The schedule for the computer tutor is as follows:
Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The computer tutor is availabe to work with a student from one of our ASC cubicles, at a computer following social distance guidelines, or a student may communicate via BlackBoard Collaborate to ask a question during the hours posted above by clicking on the following link (not available via the link September 21 – 25):
Any change in the schedule will be posted here. Please check back often for updates.
FALL 2020 SEMESTER HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Academic Success Center is closed Monday, September 7 for Labor Day.
Please note the following information about services for the fall semester:
- Students may utilize library services and computers to complete class assignments, access e-Tutoring, and access synchronous classroom sessions.
- Students may utilize available table space to complete homework that does not require a computer or read.
- The following information is posted when students enter:
- Students who are exhibiting flu like symptoms should please leave campus.
- The ASC will be open only to currently enrolled students.
- No children will be allowed on campus.
- Maximum occupancy will be 20. Patrons will be assigned a seat and must remain in the assigned seat.
- The ASC will promote the three “W’s” (wear a mask, wait six feet, wash hands).
- It will be highly recommended that students disinfect their space before and after use.
- Individual study rooms and collaboration areas are closed until further notice.
- Make-up testing/retesting services will be available AFTER Labor Day and information about a change in these services will be posted soon.
Math and English e-Tutoring by ASC professional tutors is available during the fall semester when classes are in session! Please click on the e-Tutoring tab on the left for a detailed schedule and directions for logging into a session.
ThinkingStorm, an online tutoring platform in multiple subjects, is now available for students through their Moodle Course. For more information about ThinkingStorm, click on the e-Tutoring tab on the left.
More information about professional tutoring is available by clicking Professional Tutoring on the left under Tutoring Services.
Would you like more information about peer tutoring? Please click on the peer tutoring link to the left under Tutoring Services.
The ASC also assists students requiring a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (fee required) on a limited basis for the fall semester. For more information, please contact Lisa Mauney, ASC Coordinator at (828) 448-3116.
The ASC is now on Facebook! Like our page to stay up-to-date with all the latest news and information! We will post pictures, special events, and special announcements regularly. Check us out on Facebook by clicking the icon!
Questions? Comments? Please let us know!
Email the Academic Success Center at: email@example.com