The Academic Success Center
Be successful with your classes!
We offer personal tutoring
and resources that help.
Fall Semester Hours
The ASC will be closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Any change in the schedule will be posted here. Please check back often for updates.
Special Info for Fall Semester
- WPCC Students may use library services and computers to complete class assignments, access e-Tutoring, and access synchronous classroom sessions.
- WPCC Students may use available table space to complete homework that does not require a computer or to read.
- Students must follow these rules:
- If you are exhibiting flu like symptoms please leave campus.
- The ASC will be open only to currently enrolled WPCC students.
- No children are allowed on campus.
- Maximum occupancy in the ASC is 20 students. You will be assigned a seat and must remain in the assigned seat.
- The ASC promotes the three “W’s” (wear a mask, wait six feet, wash hands).
- It is highly recommended that you disinfect your assigned space before and after use.
- Individual study rooms and collaboration areas are closed until further notice.
- Make-up testing/retesting services are available,
Academic Success Center Links
Computer tutoring is available in the ASC to help students who are having common issues such as how to upload a file in Moodle, resetting their student password, saving a file to a flash drive, etc. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The computer tutor is available to work with students from one of our ASC cubicles, at a computer following social distance guidelines, or a student may communicate via BlackBoard Collaborate [ link to Collaborate session ] during the hours posted.
- Monday – Thursday, 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Tutoring in multiple subjects is available through ThinkingStorm, an online tutoring platform. ThinkingStorm is accessible through WPCC Moodle course pages. Please visit our e-Tutoring page for information about accessing ThinkingStorm.
Test Proctoring Services
The Academic Success Center assists students who require a proctor for distance learning courses at other institutions (a fee is required) on a limited basis for the fall semester. For more information, please contact Kristi Farley, ASC Coordinator at (828) 448-3116 or via e-mail:email@example.com.