Get A Start on Your Future
As part of Western Piedmont Community College’s college transfer programs, the Associate in Science Degree provides you with the opportunity to complete a significant amount of your general education requirements for many Bachelor of Science degree programs, then transfer your credits to a 4-year college or university. Courses in the A.S. degree emphasize reading, writing, oral communication, fundamental mathematical skills, and critical thinking.
WPCC Associate in Science Graduates
WPCC Associate in Science courses are approved for transfer through the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) between the University of North Carolina System and North Carolina Community Colleges. The CAA enables you to transfer to one of the 17 institutions of The University of North Carolina as a junior after you complete the A.A. program. In order to transfer as a junior, you must make a grade of “C” or better in each course and have an overall GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. You must meet the foreign language and/or health and physical education requirements, if applicable, at the transfer institution.
A.S. courses also transfer to private 4-year colleges and universities. We suggest that you check with the admission office at your transfer institution for specific details.
Meet Our Faculty
We invite you to meet the faculty who teach courses in the Associate in Science program. Select a name under the Arts & Sciences Faculty heading for a brief bio of that instructor, including their area(s) of expertise and a bit about themselves.
The Associate in Science Degree at WPCC
The A.S. degree at WPCC consists of the following area
- General Education Transfer
(34 Semester Hours)
- English Composition (6 Semester Hours)
- Humanities/Communications/Fine Arts (6 Semester Hours)
- Social/Behavioral Science (6 Semester Hours)
- Natural Science ( 8 Semester Hours)
- Mathematics ( 8 Semester Hours)
- Additional General Education
(11 Semester Hours)
- Natural Science/Math (8 Semester Hours)
- Humanities/Social Science (3 Semester Hours)
- Other Required Hours
(15 Semester Hours)
- ACA 122 – College Transfer Success (1 Semester Hour)
- Natural Science/Mathematics/Computer Science (8 Semester Hours)
- Physical Education (2 Semester Hours)
- General Electives (4 Semester Hours)
Total Credit Hours: 60-61
(One semester hour of credit may be included in a 61-hour Associate in Science program of study. The transfer of this hour is not guaranteed.)
Click or tap the button below for a detailed list of courses offered in the A.S. program of study:
Find Your Way at WPCC!