Here’s what is going on at WPCC.
National Medical Assistants recognition week
October 18th – 22nd
Designated by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
Thursday, October 21st
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Hosted by The Morganton Public Library; Held in the lower parking lot of Carr Hall
75% B-Term Class Refund
Request refunds for B-Term classes you drop
Friday, October 29th
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Open to all students, faculty, staff & their families
WPCC on Instagram
Latest Campus News
Click or tap a title to read the story.
Western Piedmont Community College is saluting our Medical Assisting Students during Medical Assistants Recognition Week, which is October 18-22, 2021.
Morganton, NC – The Western Piedmont Community College Medical Assisting Program is celebrating Medical Assistants Recognition Week,October 18-22, 2021, as designated by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AMMA). WPCC hosted a special event to recognize...
WPCC announces the Summer, 2021 President’s and Dean’s Lists.
Eligible students at WPCC will continue receiving financial support from the Higher Education Relief Funds (HEERF).
Musings by Megan Abee
Coordinator of Student Affairs & Recruitment
Welcome to our new online version of Pioneer Press! The WPCC community is a dynamic group of students and employees and we want to share the stories of those who make our campus special along with keeping you informed on happenings around the college. WPCConnect is a blog where I will share information and stories that impact students and our community. I want to make it a useful part of your day, so please stop by occasionally and catch up with what is going on.
Help me share the news! If you have a story to suggest or an event to promote, please e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will include it in a future edition of Pioneer Press!
Each year a new executive council is elected to serve as the face of the SGA. We are happy to introduce the members of the 2021-2022 council.
Spring, 2022 Graduates
If you have not applied for Spring Graduation, the due date for an early review is Friday, November 12, 2021.
- Download the Graduation Application (PDF file, open with the free Adobe Reader), complete the form, save on your computer and email to email@example.com, You can also print the Graduation Application form from Moodle, complete, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Western Piedmont Community College, Student Services – Graduation, 1001 Burkemont Ave., Morganton, NC 28655.
- Contact your advisor for an appointment to review the requirements of your program of study. The application must be signed by both you and your advisor.
- All applications must be received in the Records Office in Hildebrand Hall, Room 106, on or before November 12, 2021. Documentation used by the advisor needs to be attached to the application.
- A preliminary graduation audit will be conducted through Student Services. You will receive an email indicating program completion. If you have not met all requirements, a letter will list these deficiencies and a copy will be sent to your advisor.
- Students who do not intend to register for any outstanding courses during the early registration period should not submit a graduation application until registered or by the final deadline of Monday, January 31, 2022.
Have story ideas or comments for Pioneer Press?
We would like to hear from you! Share your thoughts by contacting us.
WPCC Main Campus