Welcome to Western Piedmont Community College!
WPCC puts an affordable, quality education within your reach. Our classes give you hands-on experiences and our instructors work with you personally to reach your goals.
A better job, new skills, or transfer to a 4-year college or university? All of these are possible at Western Piedmont.
Don’t wait to get started. Select from the 3 categories below and begin your journey at WPCC!
Let’s Get Started!
We are excited you’ve chosen to be a Pioneer with us!
For assistance with any of the steps below give our Admissions Staff a call: (828) 448-6046.
Apply to WPCC
There are four easy steps to help you as a new student Find YOUR Way to an exciting future at WPCC! If you need help completing any of the steps please contact us in the Advising Center in Hildebrand Hall on our main campus at (828) 448-6046 or submit your request at the bottom of the page..
- The WPCC Application Process
- Receive Your Acceptance Letter
2. Transcripts & Placement Tests
- Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center and/or College(s) Transcripts
- Have all official high school and college transcripts mailed to the WPCC Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655.
- Official electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com..
- If you received your Adult HIgh School Diploma from WPCC, please download, fill out, and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF file – open with the free Adobe Reader software) and have the transcript sent to the Admissions Office.
- If you received a GED, request your official high school equivalency transcript by going to the GED Testing Service website and selecting the state where you tested. If you have the option to submit the transcript electronically, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Placement Tests
- WPCC uses multiple methods for placement.
- Learn more about placement testing and exemptions.
- Have questions or need more information? Contact the Director of Career & Testing Services at (828) 448-3155.
3. Pay for College
- Contact our Financial Aid Department at (828) 448-6046 or visit their website to find out what types of financial assistance may be available.
- If you do not qualify for Financial Aid, we offer a convenient monthly Tuition Payment Plan.
- You can also get more information about tuition and fees.
- Contact Your Advisor
- Discuss classes and make a plan for graduation. Your advisor’s contact information can be found in your academic profile located in Pioneer Pass. Check out our video for help with Pioneer Pass:
- Register for Classes
High School Students
Here’s your chance to get an early start on college! High school students have several options to earn credit at WPCC. Please visit the links below to learn more. You may also contact your WPCC Career Coach for assistance.
Career & College Promise – Juniors and seniors can take tuition and fee waived courses at WPCC while in high school.
Burke Middle College – Sophomores may apply to attend this innovative program for their final two years of high school that allows them to accumulate tuition-free college credits toward the completion of an Associate Degree.
Have a question, comment, or need more information? Get in touch with us by submitting a request below.