Emergency Medical Services
Western Piedmont Community College offers area rescue personnel training opportunities throughout the year, including Emergency Medical Technician-Basic and Paramedic courses. Learn more about our course offerings below.
EMS Training Calendars
- Current EMS Training Calendar
- CPR Schedule
- Current Fire and Rescue Training Calendar
- Statewide Emergency Services Training Classes
Upcoming EMT Classes
Emergency Medical Technician – Night Session (#63149)
January 25 – June 24, 2021
Mondays/Thursdays 6:00 – 10:00 PM
(including 6 Saturday meetings (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM) : 1/30, 2/13, 4/24, 5/15, 5/22, 6/12)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 20, 2021
Western Piedmont’s Emergency Services Training Center offers our 2021 Paramedic to EMTs interested in becoming certified as entry level paramedics. Our program offers you an educational experience that emphasizes professionalism and standardization. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, a person in career transition, or functioning EMT, you will receive quality training and experience in this educational setting. WPCC offers both a day and night class. Paramedic certification will help students meet the local and regional labor market demands as well as fulfilling their career aspirations.
Our program goal is: To prepare competent entry–level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
Upcoming Paramedic Classes
February 15 – November 30, 2021
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Location: Foothills Higher Education Center 182 and the Emergency Services Training Center as advised
August 2, 2021 – September 29, 2022
Monday & Thursday
Alternating Saturdays: 08:30-17:00
Cost Information for Both Classes
All costs are approximate and are subject to change.
- Registration: $360.00 plus insurance fees (unless fee exempt)
- Textbook: Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice (5th Edition) (ISBN 0134575962). Available at the WPCC Book Cellar(828) 448-3186 Approximate cost of $464.125.
- Uniforms: $100 (approximate)
- Boots: $100
- Platinum Planner: $97.50
- Background Check: $144.75
- Certification Card Fees: $30
Prerequisites for Paramedic Classes
- Must be 18 years of age to enroll into the course.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency.
- Placement Testing with reading, English language comprehension, and mathematical application and comprehension on the post-secondary level. Proof of successful completion of college-level English and/or college-level Math may be accepted upon approval of the paramedic director.
- Possession of a valid and active North Carolina EMT Credential, NREMT or other state EMS Credential.
- Co-Requisite: Successful Completion of an approved Anatomy and Physiology course:
- Must complete the application packet entirely and submit it prior to the close of business on Friday, December 18th, 2020. Each applicant will be notified by email or phone of acceptance to the 2021 paramedic class. Once the applicant receives official notification of acceptance, the applicant must complete the course registration form and pay associated fees with the records division on the main campus (Hildebrand Hall).
- Due to the class complexity and prerequisite requirements, walk-ins will not be accepted.
Get More Information
For details on classes, answers to your questions, or to get more information, please share your contact information below.