Western Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Western Piedmont Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Compliance Assist Site: http://wpcc.compliance-assist.com
(Compliance Assist site link is for WPCC employees only)
- Associate Degree Nursing is accredited by ACEN, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3390 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000 www.acenursing.org
- Basic Law Enforcement Training is accredited by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission 1700 Tryon Park Drive, Raleigh, NC 27602-0149, (919) 661-5980.
- Dental Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is www.ada.org/en/coda.
- The Medical Assisting Diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org), upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350.
- Medical Laboratory Technology is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119, (773) 714-8880.
- The Developmental Studies program is accredited by the National Organization for Student Success (formerly the National Association of Developmental Education), 170 Kinnelon Road, Suite 33, Kinnelon, NJ 07405, (877) 233-9455.
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Department of Justice/Criminal Justice Standards
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Community and Junior Colleges
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- American Council on Education
- Cooperative Education Association
- International Association for Campus Law Enforcement
- Learning Resources Network
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Council for Resource Development
- National TechPrep Network
- North Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- North Carolina Community College System
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification