CCP College Transfer Pathways

CCP College Transfer Pathways

College Transfer Pathways prepare students for a 4-year college or university through the WPCC Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Science, Associate Degree Nursing, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, and Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation programs. Courses taken in these pathways will transfer to all public North Carolina universities and many private and out-of-state institutions.

How to Enroll

To enroll in the CCP program, students MUST meet with a WPCC Career Coach, who will help them complete a CCP application, select an appropriate college pathway, and enroll in college courses. Students may ONLY take courses listed in their pathway(s) until all pathway courses are completed. Then, students may continue taking courses toward completion of the corresponding degree.

Most students will enroll in a single pathway (either a college transfer pathway or a career technical pathway). However, students may enroll simultaneously in ONE transfer pathway and ONE technical pathway, or TWO career technical pathways. Once established, students may NOT change their designated pathway(s) without proper documentation and approval from BCPS and WPCC.

Pathway Options

Students may select ONE College Transfer Pathway and ONE Career Technical Education Pathway.

CCP Eligibility for Juniors & Seniors

For the College Transfer Pathways (Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Science, Associate Degree Nursing, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation) here are the requirements for students seeking to enroll in College & Career Promise at WPCC:

    • High School GPA (unweighted) of at least 2.8
      NOTE: Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, there is no requirement to demonstrate college readiness via ACT, SAT, or college placement tests (unless the GPA is below 2.8)

To maintain eligibility, students must continue to make progress toward high school graduation and maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing 2 courses. A student who falls below a 2;.0 GPA after completing 2 courses will be subject to WPCC’s policy for Satisfactory Academic Progress.


University of North Carolina System LogoArticulation Agreements for
College Transfer Courses

The North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and the University of North Carolina System (UNC System) abide by a Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) that governs course credit transfers. The NCCCS also has articulation agreements with the North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU). These agreements help to ensure that students who transfer from WPCC to a 4-year institution receive full credit for the classes. WIth an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree or an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree, students may transfer with junior status to any of the 16 UNC System institutions and many of affiliates of NCICU. You can see a list of colleges that participate in the CAA here. WPCC also has a list of specific articulation agreements the college has between its programs and specific colleges here.

North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities LogoThe current CAA identifies a set of courses which are universally transferable to UNC System institutions as part of the Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC). If a student earns a C or higher in a UGETC course, transferability of that course is guaranteed, regardless of whether or not the student completes the transfer degree. ALL courses listed in the A.A. and A.S. Transfer pathways are UGETC courses. For a complete list of transferable and UGETC courses, please visit this North Carolina Community College System page on the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.


High School Graduation Requirements Aligned
with CCP Transfer Pathway Courses

Here is a list of high school courses and their equivalent CCP Transfer Pathway courses. Course descriptions for the CCP courses offered at WPCC are linked to their names.

Visit North Carolina Public Schools for a complete list of Dual Credit Allowances for Career & College Promise,


Contact Information

Kristin Edwards, Postsecondary Coordinator / Burke County Public Schools Liaison
H Building | (828) 448-3166