Summer Semester at WPCC

Open Registration is April 1 – May 8.
Classes Begin May 20.

Join Us This Summer at WPCC!

Western Piedmont Community is a great place to study and learn this summer! Chose from over 100 classes including courses that will transfer to universities in North Carolina, prepare you for employment, or complete requirements for WPCC programs.

See below for the four step enrollment process or call us at (828) 448-3500 to talk with our admissions staff who are ready to help you.

Summer enrollment is April 1-May 8 with classes beginning May 20.  We look forward to seeing you at WPCC this summer!

Take Classes This Summer. Get Year Round Pell.

Gr4aphic of a circle of arrows with Year Round Pell written on the inside

If you are a current WPCC student who received a Pell Grant during the current school year (2018-2019), you may be eligible to to receive a full Pell award for the summer. This allows you to continue taking classes and finish your degree faster.

You should consult with your advisor and plan a course schedule that is manageable during the shorter session and contact the WPCC Financial Aid Office for more details.

We also offer information about this program on our Year Round Pell page.

Attending WPCC This Summer

Visit the Advising Center in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus [map], or call (828) 448-3500 for help enrolling.

You can also check our Summer Semester Guide which provides important information about registration, paying for classes and more!

There are four easy steps to enroll for classes this summer at WPCC.

1. Enroll

2. Placement Tests & Transcripts

  • Take the Placement Test
  • Contact the Advising Center 828.448.6046 to schedule an appointment for testing.
  • Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center, and/or College Transcripts
  • Send transcripts to:
    Mail: Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655
  • If you received your Adult High School Diploma from WPCC, please download, fill out and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF file open with the free Adobe Reader software) and have the transcript sent to the Admissions Office.
  • Request your official high school equivalency transcript by going to the GED Testing Service website and selecting the state where you tested. If you have the option to submit the transcript electronically, have it e-mailed to

3. Pay for College

4. Register

  • Meet With Your Advisor
  • Your advisor’s contact information can be found in your Academic Profile in Pioneer Pass.
  • Register for Your Classes
  • Find important registration dates on the Academic Calendar. Use the Semester Guide and Class Schedule links as resources for planning each upcoming semester.

Summer 2019 Courses

Here is a sample of the many courses being offered. Click or tap on a course name for a description of the class. For a complete list, including days/times of class meetings and availability, visit our Summer Schedule page.



…and more!

Contact Us

Have a question, comment, or need more information?

Get in touch with us by calling 828.448.6031 or submitting a request below.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email