Join Us This Summer at WPCC!
Western Piedmont Community is a great place to study and learn this summer! Chose from over 100 classes including courses that will transfer to universities in North Carolina, prepare you for employment, or complete requirements for WPCC programs.
See below for the four step enrollment process or call us at (828) 448-3500 to talk with our admissions staff who are ready to help you.
Summer enrollment is April 1-May 8 with classes beginning May 20. We look forward to seeing you at WPCC this summer!
Take Classes This Summer. Get Year Round Pell.
If you are a current WPCC student who received a Pell Grant during the current school year (2018-2019), you may be eligible to to receive a full Pell award for the summer. This allows you to continue taking classes and finish your degree faster.
You should consult with your advisor and plan a course schedule that is manageable during the shorter session and contact the WPCC Financial Aid Office for more details.
We also offer information about this program on our Year Round Pell page.
Attending WPCC This Summer
Visit the Advising Center in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus [map], or call (828) 448-3500 for help enrolling.
You can also check our Summer Semester Guide which provides important information about registration, paying for classes and more!
There are four easy steps to enroll for classes this summer at WPCC.
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Establish your residency status: North Carolina Residency Determination Service. Use your valid Residency Certification Number (RCN) to apply.
- Apply online. For assistance e-mail email@example.com.
- Choose program of study.
- Non-degree seeking students, please select Undecided/Visiting Student (T90990).
- Receive Your Acceptance E-mail
You will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed. It will include your student ID number and WPCC student access ID.
2. Placement Tests & Transcripts
- Take the Placement Test
- Learn more about our placement testing and exemptions.
- Contact the Advising Center 828.448.6046 to schedule an appointment for testing.
- Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center, and/or College Transcripts
- Send transcripts to:
Mail: Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655
- If you received your Adult High School Diploma from WPCC, please download, fill out and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF file open with the free Adobe Reader software) and have the transcript sent to the Admissions Office.
- Request your official high school equivalency transcript by going to the GED Testing Service website and selecting the state where you tested. If you have the option to submit the transcript electronically, have it e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Pay for College
- Contact Financial Aid at (828) 448-6046 or visit the Financial Aid web page for information regarding assistance.
- A convenient monthly Tuition Payment Plan is also available.
Summer 2019 Courses
Here is a sample of the many courses being offered. Click or tap on a course name for a description of the class. For a complete list, including days/times of class meetings and availability, visit our Summer Schedule page.
- ART 111 – Art Appreciation
- ART 131 – Drawing I
- ART 132 – Drawing II
- ART 244 – Watercolor
- ART 283 – Ceramics I
- ART 284 – Ceramics II
- ART 288 – Studio
- BIO 111 – General Biology I
- BIO 140 – Environmental Biology
- BIO 169 – Anatomy & Physiology II
- CHM 151 – General Chemistry I
- CHM 152 – General Chemistry II
- CJC 111 – Introduction to Criminal Justice
- COM 110 – Introduction to Communication
- COM 231 – Public Speaking
- DRA 126 – Storytelling
- ECO 251 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 252 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENG 111 – Writing and Inquiry
- ENG 112 – Writing/Research in the Disc
- ENG 114 – Professional Research & Reporting
- ENG 232 – American Literature II
- ENG 241 – British Literature I
- GEL 111 – Geology
- GEO 111 – World Regional Geography
- HIS 111 – World Civilizations I
- HIS 112 – World Civilizations II
- HUM 120 – Cultural Studies
- MAT 143 – Quantitative Literacy
- MAT 152 – Statistical Methods I
- MAT 172 – Precalculus Trigonometry
- MAT 273 – Calculus III
- MUS 110 – Music Appreciation
- PED 160 – Canoeing–Basic
- PED 161 – Canoeing–Rivers
- PED 173 – Rock Climbing
- PHI 240 – Introduction to Ethics
- PSY 150 – General Psychology
- PSY 241 – Developmental Psychology
- PSY 281 – Abnormal Psychology
- REL 110 – World Religions
- REL 212 – Introduction to New Testament
- SOC 210 – Introduction to Sociology
- SPA 111 – Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 181 – Spanish Lab 1
- BUS 125 – Personal Finance
- BUS 137 – Principles of Management
- COS 115 – Cosmetology Concepts III
- CTS 130 – Spreadsheet
- DEA 214 – 3D Design & Animation II
- OST 136 – Word Processing
- PCC 118 – Clay: Special Study
Have a question, comment, or need more information?
Get in touch with us by calling 828.448.6031 or submitting a request below.