Information on registering and paying for classes.
Academic Calendar for Summer 2023
|Open Registration for Summer||April 3 - May 18|
|Payment Deadline for Open Registration||May 18|
|100% Refund Deadline|
(Full-Term & A-Term Classes)
|Classes Begin/Schedule Adjustments||May 22|
|Senior Citizen (65 and older) Registration||May 22|
|Schedule Adjustments End||May 23|
|75% Refund Deadline|
(for Full-Term Classes)
|Memorial Day/College Closed|
|No Curriculum Classes||July 3|
|Independence Day/College Closed|
|Classes End||July 24|
|Grades Due||July 25|
Tuition and fees must be paid by May 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Senior citizens (65 and older) registration will be May 22-23, 2023. Get more information on senior citizens audit policy.
You can pay your tuition and fees online through Pioneer Pass, at the Business Office located in Moore Hall [map], or through our Online Payment Plan, or have financial aid posted to your account to remain enrolled in classes. If you do not meet these deadlines or requirements, your class schedule will be cancelled.
Available Summer and Fall 2022, Pioneer Promise offers no-cost tuition and fees to new and continuing students at WPCC. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Learn more about the scholarship and how to apply on our Pioneer Promise page.
Registration for Summer 2023 is April 3 to May 18, 2023 for all WPCC curriculum students, current and new.
Here are steps to follow:
- NEW STUDENTS
If you are a new student or have attended WPCC in the past, visit our New Students page, for information and videos on how to get started.
- CURRENT STUDENTS
- Meet with your advisor and plan your class schedule.
- Your advisor’s contact information can be found in your academic profile located in Pioneer Pass.
- Sign up for class using Pioneer Pass during registration.
Note: It is your responsibility to register only for approved courses in your program of study. Registration in courses outside of your program of study can delay graduation, the completion of your program, and can adversely affect financial aid awards.
Information on tuition, fees, financial aid, and payment options for Summer 2023.
Tuition & Fees
Current Tuition Rates
- In-State Students – $76 per credit hour
- Out-of-State Students – $268 per credit hour
(Required and Non-Refundable)
- Student Activity Fee – $3 per credit hour
- Student Insurance Fee – $1.20
- Campus Access Fee – $15
- Technology Fee – $4 per credit hour
- Other fees may be charged as required for specific courses
Access our Tuition and Fees Chart to see costs for in-state and out-of-state students.
Where to Pay
You can pay your tuition and fees online through Pioneer Pass, at the Business Office located in Moore Hall [map], or through our Online Payment Plan.
It is important to make sure your address listed with the Records Department is correct. If your address has changed since you completed your application for admission to WPCC, you must update your information in Pioneer Pass. Here are instructions on How to Update Your Address/Phone Contact..
If you are unable to attend your classes, it is your responsibility to OFFICIALLY withdraw by 5:00 p.m. on May 18, 2023 to avoid owing tuition and fees.
If you register for classes but do not attend nor request a refund within the 10% period of the semester or 10% period of the class, whichever comes first, you will be listed as a “No Show” and you will still be responsible for tuition, fees and bookstore charges, if applicable.
Tips for Financial Aid Students
Here are some things to remember if you receive financial aid to attend WPCC:
- Check your WPCC Email Account on a weekly basis.
- View and ACCEPT your financial aid package in Pioneer Pass.
- If financial aid has not been awarded by the tuition payment deadline, other payment arrangements should be made, either by using the tuition payment plan or paying out of pocket.
- Full time enrollment for Financial Aid purposes is always 12 semester hour credits (SHC), every semester (fall, spring AND summer).
- Only the credit hours for classes required to complete your current program of study will be used to calculate the AMOUNT of financial aid you will receive each term. Course requirements are based on the year you entered the program.
- Refund checks for remaining financial aid balances for the 2023 Summer semester will go into the mail on Friday, June 26, 2023.
- For more information, visit the Financial Aid Office.
WPCC offers an interest-free monthly tuition payment plan through Nelnet Business Solutions. This is not a loan program or financial aid. There are no finance charges associated with the plan and there is no credit check.
- Must have a minimum balance due of $100 in tuition and fees.
- Must put 50% of tuition and fees and pay a non-refundable fee of $25 per semester to Nelnet.
Summer 202 Payment Plan Enrollment Deadlines and Payment Schedule
- OPEN REGISTRATION: April 3 – May 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- July 5, 2023
May 22-23, 2023
from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. each day. If you add a class that has met prior to you enrolling in it, you will be counted as absent for the missed class(es).
Steps to Adjust Your Schedule
- Meet with your advisor BEFORE going to Student Services to adjust your schedule. If your advisor is not available, meet with your program’s Division Dean.
- Check your WPCC e-mail account and review your schedule on Pioneer Pass before classes begin.Often, schedule adjustments are made due to cancelled classes, problems with pre-requisites, or deletion due to non-payment.
- If you are a Distance Learning student, please contact Student Services during the schedule adjustment period for information on how to add/drop courses.
| RETURN TO TOP |
Want to look up your textbooks online?
Access the WPCC Book Cellar website.
Book Cellar Summer Semester Hours
- May 18 (Thursday)
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- May 19 (Friday)
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- May 22-25 (Monday-Thursday)
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- May 26 (Friday)
7:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Financial Aid Purchases
- Thursday, May 18 through Friday, May 26, 2023
A registration statement and photo ID are required for each financial aid transaction.
Last Day for Refunds and Exchanges is Friday, May 26, 2023
Bookstore hours are subject to change.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
| RETURN TO TOP |
To be eligible for a Curriculum Tuition Refund, you must officially drop your courses by the date published.
To get 100% of Tuition and Fees Refunded
In order to ensure a 100% tuition refund, you must drop your course(s) by the following dates:
- Full-Term Classes (5/22-7/24/23) – May 21, 2023
Students cannot drop all courses through Pioneer Pass during open registration. E-mail Lisa Wright, email@example.com or Cathy Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.
To get 75% of Tuition ONLY Refunded
Classes cannot be dropped through Pioneer Pass, the class instructor, or academic advisors. 75% tuition refund requests must be made through the Office of the Director of Records and Registration by completing the electronic “75% Tuition Refund Request Form” which will be available during the refund period,
You must drop your class(es) by the 10% Census Date of the semester. If your course has an odd start date, contact Records and Registration for assistance.
- Full-Term Classes (5/22-7/24/22) –May 25, 2023
WPCC offers a variety of courses online and using other technologies to give you flexibility in when and where you take courses. Here is information about these courses, including important deadlines.
Are you new to WPCC or to taking internet, hybrid, or blended courses?
Before you register for an internet, hybrid, or blended course, take the Online Readiness Assessment to see if online classes meet your learning style or lifestyle. Answers to commonly-asked questions about distance learning courses can be found on our Distance Learning Frequently-Asked Questions page.
- If you are taking Internet (sections 41-59 or 41OPT-59OPT) classes, Hybrid (section 31-39) classes, or blended (sections 21-29) you MUST log into your class as soon as the semester begins and complete the required class assignment.
- If you have difficulties logging into Moodle to complete your required assignment, please contact Emily Nestor, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at (828) 448-3519 e-mail: email@example.com before the dates outlined below.
- If you do not complete the required class assignment(s) by the appropriate census date listed below, you will receive a grade of “No Show” from your course instructor.
- You should contact your course instructor FIRST if you have questions about the course.
These are the dates by which you must complete the required class assignments in any Internet, Hybrid, or Blended classes in which you are enrolled for Spring 2021:
- Full term classes – May 25, 2023
What do you need to take an Internet, Hybrid, or Blended class?
See the Distance Learning F.A.Q page for information on technology requirements for taking WPCC Distance Learning classes.
| RETURN TO TOP |