Outstanding Staff Member Criteria
Established by Western Piedmont Foundation, Inc. the Outstanding Staff Member Award is given annually to a full-time staff member of Western Piedmont Community College in recognition of their superior contributions as an employee. This employee should demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of the community college and to the mission and goals of WPCC.
The following positions are not eligible to receive the Outstanding Staff Member Award: President, Vice Presidents, Academic Deans, and full-time faculty. The selection criteria includes:
- Extraordinary efforts as an employee.
- Service to profession, WPCC, and community.
- Evidence of innovative or special efforts in their area of responsibility.
- Minimum period of two years of service with the College.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records.
- Shows a cooperative attitude toward College policies.
- Works harmoniously with and for others.
- Quality and quantity of work is consistently superior.
- Is willing to take on additional duties when the need arises.
- Is dependable in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Shows initiative.
- Exercises good judgment.
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to cope with varied problems.
- Accomplishes objectives effectively.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in their field of expertise.
- Good attitude toward safety and influences others to do the same.