Here are the Top 5 Reasons you can Find YOUR Way
The staff and faculty at Western Piedmont are more than willing to help you. You’ve just got to ask.
– David Morgan, Associate in Industrial System Technology Student
- With a low student/faculty ratio and resources like our Academic Success Center, Advising Center and Career Services, we are here to give you help, guidance and support when you need it.
- A low 14 to 1 student to faculty ratio means students receive personal attention.
- WPCC’s Academic Success Center provides more than 5,000 hours of tutoring to students per year.
Build Your Skills
I found excellent instructors who inspired me to pursue a career in digital effects and animation technology.
– Julie Whitis, Digital Effects & Animation Technology Graduate
- As part of your course work, you’ll have access to the technology and tools you will use out in the “real world” plus you’ll have access to free software!
- All students have access to Microsoft Office software to use on up to five personal devices.
- WPCC programs, classrooms, and learning labs are outfitted with the latest machinery, computers and software along with expert instructors ready to help you build your skills.
Learn When It Fits
I found college courses that gave me the flexibility to work full-time and go to school.
– Alex Miguel, Industrial Systems Technology Graduate
- With a variety of course offerings and delivery options, WPCC provides options on how and when you take classes to fit your busy schedule and life.
- On-campus classes are offered both day and evening and hybrid classes offer a combination of on-campus and online class meetings.
- Distance Learning classes meet online giving flexibility as to when and where classes take place.
I found a college that gave me a foundation to further my education and build a future.
– Tea Yang, Associate in Arts Graduate
- Whether you’re working on transfer credits, seeking skills for a new job or new career, WPCC provides opportunities to help you produce positive results.
- 91% of WPCC graduates were employed or enrolled at another college or university one year after graduation.
- WPCC ranked 7th out of the 58 NC Community Colleges in students completing their studies.
Have Fun & Make A Difference
I found a college that offered student activities that allowed me to be a part of something big!
– Pahoua Lee, Associate in Arts Graduate
- A Variety of learning and service-oriented clubs, events and activities are regularly offered on Western Piedmont’s beautiful campus and in the community, providing opportunities to make a real difference in a wonderful environment.
- WPCC Student clubs and organizations offer opportunities to develop leadership skills, have a lot of fun and give back to the community through service projects.
- At 300+ acres, WPCC has the largest campus of any community college in North Carolina. Our hiking trails, pond, tennis courts, and other areas provide places to unwind, explore, and exercise.