Career Services staff offer job search & interview tips, résumé assistance, and mock interviews by appointment.
The Career Services Center library houses a variety of printed resources addressing career exploration, job search tools, and self-help topics related to student issues. Computers are available for career assessments and employment searches.
For assistance, please contact Student Services at (828)448-6046.
Career Services is located in Hildebrand Hall [map]
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
unless room is being used for small group testing, meetings, or classes
Career Exploration Resources
Career Planning Tools
College Foundation of North Carolina offers exploration resources to help with your career choice.Set up a free count with cfnc.org or log in to your current account. Click on the Plan tab then go to Plan for a Career – Learn About Yourself, then take the assessments.
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Contact the WPCC Career Counselor for an appointment (828) 448-3565
Pathways to career success
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Learn more about jobs and employment trends in the U.S. The Occupational Outlook Handbook has details on future demand for occupations
- Big Future Major Career Search
Explore college majors and career options on the College Board site
- North Carolina Health Careers
Details on health careers in the Tar Heel State
- O*Net Online
A career exploration and job analysis website
- Candid Career
Thousands of career videos, interview tips., or career guidance for students
- What Can I Do With A Major
Explore various career options for your college major
| RETURN TO TOP |
Job Search Resources
Western Piedmont Community College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers.
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central®, national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Other Job Search Resources
- NCWorks Online is a one-stop online resource for job seekers and employers in North Carolina. Job seekers can search for jobs, create resumes, and find education and training. Employers can find candidates, post jobs, and search labor market information.
- Indeed: one search. all jobs. Access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites by city and state.
- Simply Hired Find local jobs, salary comparisons and employment trends. New jobs added daily.
- North Carolina Office of State Human Resources – Employment with North Carolina NC information regarding job listings for Broughton, JIRDC, NCSD, DOC, DOT, etc.
- Work for North Carolina Schools Information and vacant positions for Burke County Public Schools.
- Glassdoor gives company reviews and other tips
| RETURN TO TOP |