Recreational Therapy Assistant
Make A Difference in Someone’s Life
Recreational therapists use recreation (like games, activities, and outings) to help people will illness or other disabling conditions to improve to their highest functioning in the following areas:
WPCC celebrates the contributions of our faculty, students, and graduates to bettering the lives of others. We invite you to learn more about our program and potential careers graduates can pursue below.
A Fun and Creative Career Helping Others!
Western Piedmont Community College’s Recreational Therapy Assistant degree program provides you the education to develop recreational activities that promote independence, confidence and rehabilitation for individuals with disabilities, injury or illness. Courses that involve learning how to plan, develop and implement activities, such as ropes courses, creative arts and watersports as well as leading or co-leading recreational therapy sessions (social skills, team building, problem solving, etc.) will prepare you to be very successful in this type of career.
So where can I work?
If you graduate with an Associate in Applied Science Degree at WPCC, you will be prepared for jobs in:
- Day Treatment Programs
- Group Homes
- Nursing Home Facilities and Retirement Communities
- Recreation Centers
- State Facilities such as Broughton Hospital and J. Iverson Riddle Developmental Center
- Substance Abuse Centers
Statistics from ONET Online suggest that the salary (low to median) range for recreational therapy assistants in North Carolina is from $34,000 to $42,000 per year.
Why choose Western Piedmont Community College for recreational therapy assistant training?
- WPCC offers the ONLY recreational therapy assistant degree program in western North Carolina.
- You have the flexibility to start the program in any semester.
- You will gain valuable hands-on experience through participating in field placements and internships. Also, there are lots of job opportunities in western North Carolina for licensed recreational therapy assistants.
- We invite you to learn more about the Recreational Therapy Assistant program below, You can file an application for admission, set up a campus tour, or get more information by contacting us using the buttons at the top of the page.
Get More Information
Like more information about WPCC’s Recreational Therapy Assistant program? Tell us more about yourself and we’ll be in touch.