Students who believe they have met program requirements should refer to our General Catalog for required guidelines of curriculum graduation.
Steps to complete the Graduation Petition are as follows:
- Complete the Graduation Application (PDF file which can be opened by the free Adobe Reader) and make an appointment with your advisor to review the graduation requirements.
- Return application and check sheet to Student Services AFTER you have reviewed graduation requirements with your advisor. The petition needs both your signature and your advisor’s signature. Student Records Department (HH 111) must receive the petition by the advertised petition deadline.
- Make sure we have your correct address and phone number.
- A preliminary graduation audit will be conducted through Student Services. You will receive a letter indicating your petition is approved with a payment form enclosed to pay the Business Office. If you have not met all requirements, you and your advisor will receive a letter listing these deficiencies.
- You may also pick up a Graduation Petition at Student Services in Hildebrand Hall.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Services at (828) 448-6049.
Curriculum Graduations are scheduled at the end of each semester, however there is only one graduation ceremony each year, following the spring semester. All graduating students are welcome to participate in this ceremony.
Graduation deadlines are published on the Current Students web page and through Moodle class pages. It is your responsibility to be aware of these deadlines.