April 12, 2021
Nurse Aide I provides you the opportunity to pursue a healthcare career with entry-level skills in a hospital or nursing home setting. Upon successful completion, you will be eligible to apply for The Nurse Aide I test administered by NACES. After passing the state test, you will be listed on the Nurse Aide I registry at DHHS. CPR for Basic Life Support Certification is now included with this class.
In order to register for the NA I class, you must:
- Score at least a ninth grade level on the TABE test. To schedule your TABE, please call (828) 448-6140.
- Provide copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card (names must match).
- Provide a copy of your High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma or sealed transcript of grades or be currently enrolled in the last year of the WPCC Burke Middle College, WPCC AHSD program, or WPCC High School Equivalency program.
- Students will be required to have a criminal background check submitted to Blue Ridge Healthcare. The criminal background check must be completed after class begins.
- Students will be required to have a complete physical exam by their healthcare provider; forms will be given out during registration.
- Students may enroll up to 3 times in the NA 1 program
- Cost: $235.00
- Textbook: Nursing Assistant Care- The Basics available in the WPCC Bookstore
Our Nurse Aide classes are open for enrollment. Please complete the online registration form below. Payment must be received before you are completely registered for a class.
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will be allowed to register for the class.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example, if Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click on the button below)
- Call (828) 448-6046 Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. in order to arrange an appointment for registration at Hildebrand Hall on the main campus.
- Download and fax the registration form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Class sessions meet in Room 166 of the Foothills Higher Education Center on Sterling Street in Morganton. The cost of the course is $235. Write down the section number of the class you want to register for to enter in the online registration below.
Nurse Aide I (Section 63148) - April 12 - May 18, 2021
(Clinical meets May 07 - May 14, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Meets Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
CPR Class is Friday, April 23 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
2128 South Sterling Street
Morganton, NC 28655