January 11, 2021 –
Nurse Aide Level II prepares students to perform more complex skills for clients or residents regardless of the setting. Topics include sterile technique, catheterizations, care of the client with N-G tubes and IVs.
In order to register for the NA II class, you must:
- Obtain a 10th grade score or better on the Reading section of the TABE test; (Call (828) 448-6140 to schedule an appointment).
- Successfully complete an NC approved NA I training program or NC High School Health Occupations I and II.
Once you have satisfied the two above requirements, you must then interview with the Allied Health Program Coordinator. You must bring the following items to the admissions interview:
- Proof of completion of a State approved Nurse Aide I class.
- Proof of active CPR certification (Online Certification Not Acceptable, must be American Heart Healthcare Provider).
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED or a sealed transcript of your grades.
- Copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card with matching names on both.
- A letter of recommendation from your immediate supervisor.
- A complete Student Health Record by a licensed healthcare provider. Forms will be given during registration.
To schedule an appointment for an interview, contact the Allied Health Program Coordinator at (828) 448-3532.
Additional Class Information
- Cost: $230.00
- Textbook: NC Nurse Aide II available in the WPCC Bookstore.
- All students will be required to have a criminal background check submitted to Blue Ridge Healthcare. The criminal background check will be conducted after the class begins.
- Applicants listed on the NCNAR I with out-of-state training will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applicants who completed Nurse Aide I training prior to 2010 will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will be allowed to register for the class.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example, if Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click on the button below)
- Call (828) 448-6046 Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. in order to arrange an appointment for registration at Hildebrand Hall on the main campus.
- Download and fax the registration form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Class sessions meet in Room 223 of the Foothills Higher Education Center on Sterling Street in Morganton. The cost of the course is $230. Write down the section number of the class you want to register for to enter in the online registration below.
Nurse Aide II (Section 63033) - January 11 - May 20, 2021
(Clinical meets March 22 - May 20, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.)
Meets Mondays & Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
No Classes on 4/5 - 4/9