August 18, 2022
This course is designed to prepare graduates to perform more complex skills for patients or residents regardless of the setting. A skill/competency evaluation is required for documenting student competency. The course includes class, laboratory and clinical learning experiences. Upon satisfactory completion of the course and skill/competency evaluation, the graduate is eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide Registry. In all employment settings, the listed Nursing Assistant II will work under the direction and supervision of licensed personnel.
In order to be admitted into the NA II program, you must:
- Obtain a 10th grade score or better on the Reading section of the TABE test
- Proof of completion of a State approved Nurse Aide I class. (Course Completion Certificate)
- Proof of active CPR certification (Online Certification Not Acceptable, must be American Heart Healthcare Provider).
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED or a sealed transcript of your grades.
- Copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card with matching names on both.
- A letter of recommendation from your immediate supervisor.
- A complete Student Health Record by a licensed healthcare provider. Forms will be given during registration.
All information should be turned in at the Foothills Higher Education Center prior to first day of class or at TABE testing.
Additional Class Information
- All students will be required to have a criminal background check submitted to Blue Ridge Healthcare. The criminal background check will be conducted after the class begins.
- Applicants listed on the NCNAR I with out-of-state training will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applicants who completed Nurse Aide I training prior to 2006 will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- You are limited to three attempts to become successful and pass CNA II.
- Cost: $235.00
- Textbook: NC Nurse Aide II available in the WPCC Bookstore.
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will be allowed to register for the NA II class.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click on the button below)
- Call (828) 448-6046 Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. in order to arrange an appointment for registration at Hildebrand Hall on the main campus.
- Download and fax the registration form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Class sessions meet in Room 221 of the Foothills Higher Education Center on Sterling Street in Morganton. The cost of the course is $235. Write down the section number of the class you want to register for to enter in the online registration below.
Nurse Aide I (Section 66861) - August 18 - October 4, 2022
(Clinical meets September 20 - 29, 2022 from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
(CPR meets September 2, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Meets Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2128 South Sterling Street
Morganton, NC 28655