2019 Burke Firefighter Academy
Western Piedmont’s Emergency Services Training Center offers our 2019 Fire Academy to persons interested in becoming certified as entry level firefighters. Our program offers you a true academy that emphasizes professionalism and standardization. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, a person in career transition, or a fire department employee, you will receive quality training and experience in this educational setting our Academy is scheduled Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Health and Fitness training will occur regularly throughout the academy. The academy will help students meet the local and regional labor market demands as well as fulfilling their career aspirations.
Firefighter Series – January 14 Through April 12
The Firefighter Series will include the following NC Fire and Rescue Commission Certification:
- Firefighter Certification
- Hazmat Level 1
- NIMS 700, 800, 100 200
Students will also be able to register for the Technical Rescuer Series and EMT-Basic Series at a later date if interested
2019 Firefighter Academy Prerequisites
- Must be 18 years of age prior to the start date of the academy.
- Must be current member or employee of a fire department. (Sponsorship form included in application packet.) An applicant who is not a member or employee of a fire department may also be eligible to participate but must contact the Coordinator of Emergency Programs for registration details.
- Must complete the application packet entirely and submit it prior to the close of business on Friday, December 21st, 2018. Each applicant will be notified by email or phone of acceptance to the academy. Once the applicant receives official notification of acceptance, the applicant must complete the course registration form and pay associated fees with the records division on the main campus (Hildebrand Hall).
- Due to the academy being offered as a “firefighter block series”, walk-ins will not be accepted.
Each interested party will be mailed or emailed an application packet.
Once you have completed your application packet, you can use the button below to access the online registration for the Fire Academy
For more information, or to request an Application Packet, contact Matt Rogers at (828) 448-6708 (email: email@example.com).