Apply for Financial Aid
WPCC Federal School Code: 002982
How do I apply for financial aid?
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA. View this online tutorial for an overview of how to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
- WPCC’s priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA online is June 1st of each year. Submitting a FAFSA prior to June 1st allows enough time for aid to be processed and awarded before fall tuition/fee charges are due.
- Be sure you have also submitted an application for admission to WPCC and any other college you may attend in the coming year.
- Once the FAFSA is completed online, the Department of Education will provide a confirmation page with ESTIMATED financial aid award amounts.
- IMPORTANT: Please be aware that award amounts are not final until your FAFSA has been reviewed and processed by the Financial Aid Office and you have received an award notification from the college you are attending.
I’ve completed the FAFSA, now what??
- After completing the FAFSA, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) either by mail or email. You should check the SAR for any discrepancies or errors. If you find anything that needs to be corrected, you can make those changes on the paper SAR and mail it to the Central Processing Center, or you can log into your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and make corrections online. You can always check the status of your submitted FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- Many FAFSAs are selected for a process called verification. Not every file is selected. However, if your file is selected for verification, WPCC must collect documentation to check the accuracy of your FAFSA information. The Financial Aid Office will send an email to your WPCC email account to inform you of the documentation you must provide in order to finalize your financial aid file. Your financial aid will not be processed until all required documents have been received and verification has been completed.
- WPCC students can also view the status of their financial aid file, and any documents needed, through Pioneer Pass under the Financial Aid Checklist link.
- Once all required documentation has been received and processed, you will receive an award notification email through your WPCC email account.
- 2020-2021 financial aid award notifications (for those students with completed financial aid files for the 2020-2021 academic year) will be sent to students’ WPCC email accounts beginning the first week in June.
- WPCC continues to process and notify students of financial aid award eligibility as FAFSA information is received throughout the entire academic year (even after the Priority Deadline of June 1st).