Frequently-Asked Questions

About WPCC & Our COVID-19 Response
Corona Virus InfoWPCC Home

We have had many questions about how COVID-19 is affecting different WPCC classes, events, and departments. Here’s a collection of Frequently-Asked Questions that hopefully answer some of the more common issues.

Where can I find updates about WPCC’s COVID-19 plan and current operating status of the college?

When will Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 course registration begin for curriculum classes?

  • Registration for all Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 curriculum classes has been postponed. More information about summer and fall registration will be made available via the WPCC website, social media, and student email in the coming weeks. You can see the current class schedules for the summer and fall on our class schedules page. These schedules are subject to change.

Who do I contact if I want to Withdraw?

  • Please email the instructor of the course via your WPCC student email account. IMPORTANT: If you receive financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at before requesting to be withdrawn from any classes.

Is my class canceled?

  • Please check your WPCC email for updates. Email your instructor for more information on class cancellations.

How do I find a staff or instructor’s email?

How do I pay my Graduation Fee?

  • Updates regarding WPCC’s 2020 Graduation will be sent to potential graduates via their WPCC student email soon.

Is graduation canceled?

  • Updates regarding WPCC’s 2020 Graduation will be sent to potential graduates via their WPCC student email soon.

How do I reset my WPCC Password?

I can’t log in to Moodle or WPCC services. Where do I get help?

  • Contact IT Help Desk at (828) 448-6030 or visit the WPCC Help Desk to submit a Help Desk Ticket for assistance.

Who do I contact for disability services?

  • For more information or to make accommodation requests, contact Karla Lanier, Coordinator of Disability Services (e-mail: or Deanna Keller, Disability Services Resource Specialist (e-mail: You can also visit the Disability Services webpage for general information about their services.

Can I come to campus to access a computer to complete my work?

  • At this time, the WPCC Library/Academic Success Center is closed to the general public and students until further notice. Students may come to campus and stay in their vehicles to connect to WiFi. Please do not block other vehicles and stay in your vehicle especially if utilizing the handicap parking areas which may only be used if the College is still closed to the public.The following places have the best WiFi connection .
  1. The handicapped parking spaces in front of Phifer Hall.
  2. The parking spaces nearest the front entrance of Carr Hall.
  3. The 15-minute parking lot on the left just past the loading dock entrance.
  4. The student pick-up/drop-off area beside the flagpole.
  5. The handicapped parking spaces behind Patton Hall.

Who do I contact for a refund?

  • If you are expecting a refund of tuition for a class that has not started you will need to contact the business office via email: For questions regarding financial aid refunds, contact the Financial Aid Office via email:

Are peer tutors still available?

  • E-Tutoring is now available for Math and English. Please visit the E-Tutoring webpage for more information on available sessions and how to sign up. More sessions will be added in the near future.

How do I find out who my Advisor is and their contact information?

  • Your Academic Advisor’s name and contact information can be found on Pioneer Pass by clicking the My profile link ( located at the bottom right side of the page). If you do not see any information listed for ‘Advisor Name’ or if your Advisor is ‘Advising Center’, please email for further assistance.

How do I register for Defensive Driving?

Are there still Continuing Education classes?

  • All seated Continuing Education classes are on hold and we are not currently registering for any seated classes at this time.  For information about on-line classes that may continue to be offered please e-mail

I need a copy of my WPCC transcripts. How do I request my transcripts and receive them?

  • To obtain a copy of your WPCC Curriculum Transcripts, please review the information provided on our Transcripts webpage. If you need further assistance with your Curriculum Transcript request, please email Cathy Williams ( you need to request a copy of an Adult High School or High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) transcript, please follow the steps provided on the Transcript Request: College and Career Readiness webpage.Please be aware that the option to pick up transcripts on campus is currently unavailable.

When will College and Career Readiness start enrolling new students?

  • The College will start enrolling new College and Career Readiness students on July 1, 2020.

Can I work on my College and Career Readiness classes if I am currently enrolled?

  • Students currently enrolled have two options for studying at home. Students wishing to participate in on-line learning should contact Patsy Miller at .  Students who would like a packet of student materials emailed or mailed to their home should contact Melissa Freeman at or  Patsy Miller at .For additional questions regarding College and Career Readiness contact Joy Buff at .


Print Friendly, PDF & Email