Workforce Development & Continuing Education
Opportunities for Professional & Personal Development
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training and certifications along with personal advancement and enjoyment both in seated classes and online through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Check out our list of upcoming classes. You can get more information on them and register for them by clicking or tapping on the name of the class.
The GEER Scholarship
Learn more about scholarship opportunities for certain workforce development & continuing education classes.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- May 10, 2021, 8:00 am: Medication Aide (64272)
- May 11, 2021, 9:00 am: Writing an Effective Business Plan
- May 12, 2021, 11:00 am: How to Quickly Create a Wix Website that Shines!
- May 14, 2021, 2:00 pm: TABE Testing (HEC-123)
- May 17, 2021, 5:00 pm: Gateway to Woodworking 2 | 64328
- May 18, 2021, 8:00 am: Notary Public Class (63182) - SECTION FULL
- May 18, 2021, 5:00 pm: Gateway to Woodworking 1 | 64327
- May 19, 2021, 10:00 am: TABE Testing (HEC-123)
- May 20, 2021, 9:00 am: Using YouTube to Showcase Your Business
- May 24, 2021, 8:00 am: Nurse Aide Level I (63589)
- May 25, 2021, 8:00 am: Nurse Aide Level I (63586)
- May 25, 2021, 9:00 am: Build Your Business Influence with LinkedIn
- May 28, 2021, 8:30 am: Woodworking Open Lab | 64329
- June 7, 2021, 5:00 pm: Gateway to Woodworking 2 | 64331
- June 8, 2021, 8:00 am: Notary Public Class (63185) - SECTION FULL
- June 8, 2021, 5:00 pm: Gateway to Woodworking 1 | 64330
- June 14, 2021, 12:30 pm: TABE Testing - (HEC-238)
- June 14, 2021, 5:00 pm: Auto Dealer Initial Training (ONLINE CLASS)
- June 17, 2021, 5:00 pm: Auto Dealer License Renewal (ONLINE CLASS)
- June 22, 2021, 9:30 am: TABE Testing - (HEC-238)
- June 22, 2021, 5:30 pm: Pottery - Plates & Platters
- June 25, 2021, 8:30 am: Woodworking Open Lab | 64332
- June 29, 2021, 8:00 am: Notary Public Class (63186) - SEATS AVAILABLE
- July 1, 2021, 9:30 am: TABE Testing - (HEC-238)
A complete calendar of course offerings is available below.
You can sign up for classes via our online system. Please have the class title/name and the date(s) or class section numbers before clicking or tapping the buttons to access the registration forms.
In-person registration for Workforce and Continuing Education classes in Hildebrand Hall has been suspended due to the COVID-19 restrictions. We are still accepting registrations for classes being offered via online registration. Remember, you need to register for classes prior to the class start date (preferably 48 hours prior), allowing time for all payments to process before the class begins. If you have questions, please call (828) 448-3500.
Select a Category Below for Classes
Current Class Schedule
Here are the classes scheduled for the current month at WPCC. You can see future class offerings by clicking either the Next button to move to the next month or by choosing a month and date and hitting the Go button.
Add A Class to Your Calendar
Want to set a reminder for a class on your phone, tablet, or computer’s calendar? It’s easy. Click the class name to read a description and register to attend. At the bottom, click the iCal or Google Calendar link to add the class to your personal calendar.
Western Piedmont Community College offers Continuing Education classes on the Main Campus (left pin on the map) and at the Foothills Higher Education Center (right pin on the map). Select a pin to get address and general contact information about each location.
WPCC Main Campus
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 438-6000
Foothills Higher Education Center
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 448-6140
Interim Dean of Workforce &