Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Opportunities for Professional & Personal Development
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training and certifications along with personal advancement and enjoyment both in seated classes and online through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Check out our list of upcoming classes. You can get more information on them and register for them by clicking or tapping on the name of the class.
The GEER Scholarship
Learn more about scholarship opportunities for certain workforce development & continuing education classes.
Heavy Equipment Operator
New program provides short-term training using our new CAT simulator
New Certificate Program
Introduction to Advanced Manufacturing prepares you for potential job opportunities with Pratt & Whitney, coming to Asheville, North Carolina in 2022.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- December 3, 2021, 11:00 am: TABE Testing - (HEC-123)
- December 9, 2021, 8:00 am: Notary Public Class (63208)
- December 13, 2021, 3:30 pm: TABE Testing - (HEC-123)
- December 14, 2021, 6:00 pm: Snowman Painting Class (64618)
- December 22, 2021, All day: College Closed
- December 27, 2021, All day: College Closed - Staff Mandatory Leave
- December 31, 2021, All day: College Closed - Staff Mandatory Leave
- January 6, 2022, 3:30 pm: Phlebotomy (64800)
- January 10, 2022, 8:00 am: Nurse Aide Level I (Section 65479)
- January 10, 2022, 8:00 am: Phlebotomy (65411)
- January 17, 2022, All day: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - WPCC Closed
- January 24, 2022, 6:00 pm: Emergency Medical Technician Basic Night Course - Section #65053
A complete calendar of course offerings is available below.
You can sign up for classes via our online system. Please have the class title/name and the date(s) or class section numbers before clicking or tapping the buttons to access the registration forms.
NOTE: In-person registration for Workforce and Continuing Education classes in Hildebrand Hall has resumed.You can stop in to register Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Remember, you need to register for classes prior to the class start date (preferably 48 hours prior), allowing time for all payments to process before the class begins. If you have questions, please call (828) 448-3500.
Select a Category Below for Classes
Current Class Schedule
Here are the classes scheduled for the current month at WPCC. You can see future class offerings by clicking either the Next button to move to the next month or by choosing a month and date and hitting the Go button.
Add A Class to Your Calendar
Want to set a reminder for a class on your phone, tablet, or computer’s calendar? It’s easy. Click the class name to read a description and register to attend. At the bottom, click the iCal or Google Calendar link to add the class to your personal calendar.
Western Piedmont Community College offers Continuing Education classes on the Main Campus (left pin on the map) and at the Foothills Higher Education Center (right pin on the map). Select a pin to get address and general contact information about each location.
WPCC Main Campus
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 438-6000
Foothills Higher Education Center
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 448-6140
Interim Dean of Workforce &