Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Ceramic Design Course
New Course beginning October 14th. Learn the foundational principles and practices of ceramics.
New Certificate Program
Introduction to Advanced Manufacturing prepares you for potential job opportunities with Pratt & Whitney, coming to Asheville, North Carolina in 2022.
Heavy Equipment Operator
New program provides short-term training using our new CAT simulator
Veterinary Assistant Program
This NEW course prepares you to work as a qualified vet assistant. Classes begin September 2022.
Opportunities for Professional & Personal Development
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training and certifications along with personal advancement and enjoyment in online classes through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Check out our list of upcoming classes. You can get more information on them and register for them by clicking or tapping on the name of the class.
The SECU Bridge to Career Scholarship
Learn more about scholarship opportunities for certain workforce development & continuing education classes.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- December 8, 2022, 10:00 am: TABE Test
- December 12, 2022, 8:00 am: Medication Aide (67979)
- December 14, 2022, 2:00 pm: TABE Test
- December 14, 2022, 6:00 pm: Defensive Driving (Section 67903)
- December 17, 2022, 8:00 am: Defensive Driving (Section 67904)
- January 3, 2023, 2:00 pm: TABE Test
- January 4, 2023, All day: Pharmacy Technician
- January 5, 2023, 5:00 pm: Nurse Aide I (Section #67458)
- January 9, 2023, 8:00 am: Nurse Aide I (Section #67464)
- January 9, 2023, 4:00 pm: Phlebotomy (Section #67433)
- January 9, 2023, 5:30 pm: Nurse Aide II (Section #67770)
- January 16, 2023, All day: MLK Holiday/College Closed
- January 23, 2023, 6:00 pm: Emergency Medical Technician Night Session Course - Section #67995
- February 1, 2023, All day: Healthcare Billing and Coding
A complete calendar of course offerings is available below.
You can sign up for classes via our online system. Please have the class title/name and the date(s) or class section numbers before clicking or tapping the buttons to access the registration forms.
NOTE: In-person registration for Workforce and Continuing Education classes in Hildebrand Hall has resumed.You can stop in to register Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Remember, you need to register for classes prior to the class start date (preferably 48 hours prior), allowing time for all payments to process before the class begins. If you have questions, please call (828) 448-3500.
Select a Category Below for Classes
Western Piedmont Community College offers Continuing Education classes on the Main Campus (left pin on the map) and at the Foothills Higher Education Center (right pin on the map). Select a pin to get address and general contact information about each location.
WPCC Main Campus
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 438-6000
Foothills Higher Education Center
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 448-6140