Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Intro To Pottery Course
New Course beginning August 22, 2023. Learn the foundational principles and practices of ceramics.
New Certificate Program
Introduction to Advanced Manufacturing prepares you for potential job opportunities with Pratt & Whitney, coming to Asheville, North Carolina.
Heavy Equipment Operator
New program provides short-term training using our new CAT simulator.
Veterinary Assistant Program
This NEW course prepares you to work as a qualified vet assistant. Starting July 10, 2023
Opportunities for Professional & Personal Development
WPCC offers a variety of classes for professional training and certifications along with personal advancement and enjoyment in online classes through ed2go. These classes are designed to accommodate busy lifestyles and provide opportunities to quickly get skills or explore interests.
Check out our list of upcoming classes. You can get more information on them and register for them by clicking or tapping on the name of the class.
GEER Scholarships can provide up to a maximum of $750 per course or the cost of course fee(s) if the fees exceed $750.
The SECU Bridge to Career Scholarship
Learn more about scholarship opportunities for certain workforce development & continuing education classes.
Click or tap on a class name for more information or to register.
- June 3, 2023, 8:00 am: Defensive Driving (Section 69333)
- June 6, 2023, 4:00 pm: Basic Excavator Operations (69403)
- June 6, 2023, 6:00 pm: Intro to Hand Building
- June 7, 2023, 6:00 pm: Defensive Driving (Section 69334)
- June 17, 2023, 8:00 am: Defensive Driving (Section 69335)
- June 17, 2023, 8:30 am: Notary Public (#69094)
- June 20, 2023, 1:30 pm: TABE Test
- June 21, 2023, 6:00 pm: Defensive Driving (Section 69336)
- June 26, 2023, 9:00 am: Kids Corn Hole Day Camp
- June 30, 2023, 9:00 am: TABE Test
- July 11, 2023, 5:00 pm: TABE Test
- July 11, 2023, 6:00 pm: Intro to the Potter's Wheel
- July 17, 2023, 6:00 pm: Genealogy
- July 21, 2023, 11:00 am: TABE Test
- July 31, 2023, 1:00 pm: TABE Test
- August 9, 2023, 6:00 pm: Intro to Sculpture
- August 10, 2023, 9:00 am: TABE Test
- August 14, 2023, 8:30 am: Industrial Sewing Boot Camp (69404)
- August 21, 2023, 8:00 am: Phlebotomy (Section #69415)
You can sign up for classes via our online system. Please have the class title/name and the date(s) or class section numbers before clicking or tapping the buttons to access the registration forms.Register for Classes Online
Register for a Fire/EMS Class Online
NOTE: In-person registration for Workforce and Continuing Education classes in Hildebrand Hall has resumed.You can stop in to register Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Remember, you need to register for classes prior to the class start date (preferably 48 hours prior), allowing time for all payments to process before the class begins. If you have questions, please call (828) 448-3500.
Select a Category Below for Classes
Western Piedmont Community College offers Continuing Education classes on the Main Campus (left pin on the map) and at the Foothills Higher Education Center (right pin on the map). Select a pin to get address and general contact information about each location.
WPCC Main Campus
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 438-6000
Foothills Higher Education Center
Morganton, NC 28655
General Information: (828) 448-6140