Check Acceptance Policy / Returned Check Policy
Western Piedmont Community College gladly accepts personal checks for payment when presented with photo identification under the following conditions:
- All checks must have a physical address (PO box is not sufficient) – Individual, Business, and Institutions
- WPCC does not accept checks without a preprinted name and address (no counter checks / starter checks)
- WPCC does not accept checks with an expiration date (credit card account checks)
- All individual checks must include
- a driver’s license number from individual
- a phone number (work or home)
- the student’s name and ID number to ensure proper processing
Returned Check Policy
If a check is returned by your financial institution for any reason, a $25 charge will be assessed. Western Piedmont Community College will not accept a check from anyone who has previously presented three checks that were returned for any reason.
Checks returned for any reason and not paid in full within 14 days of notification may result in the incident being submitted to the Burke County District Attorney’s Worthless Check Program or Magistrate for criminal prosecution as specified by North Carolina General Statutes.
A hold is also placed on the student’s account until the returned check is resolved resulting in the inability to register for classes, receive grades, or request transcripts.