The Key to Getting Ahead!
Add an extra class or get an early start on Spring Semester
B-Term courses at WPCC are a great way to add a class to your current schedule or take some classes to prepare for spring semester.
* Courses marked with an asterisk are potentially eligible to transfer to public colleges and universities in North Carolina.
Learn more about transfer options with the UNC System.
Learn about B-Term at WPCC.
Here are popular classes that can transfer to other colleges
or can help you start a program at WPCC
NOTE: New Students must apply for admission by Thursday, October 8
to be eligible to register for B-Term classes.
NOTE: New Students must apply for admission by Thursday, October 8 to be eligible to register for B-Term classes.
NEW STUDENTS – APPLY
If you have never attended WPCC, you must file an application before you can register for classes.
1. The Application Process
- Establish your residency status for tuition purposes through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service.
- Apply online
- Receive Your Acceptance Letter
2. Transcripts & Placement Tests
- Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center and/or College(s) Transcripts
- Have all official high school and college transcripts mailed to the WPCC Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655.
- Official electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com..
- If you received your Adult HIgh School Diploma from WPCC, please download, fill out, and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF file – open with the free Adobe Reader software) and have the transcript sent to the Admissions Office.
- If you received a GED, request your official high school equivalency transcript by going to the GED Testing Service website and selecting the state where you tested. If you have the option to submit the transcript electronically, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take Placement Tests
- WPCC uses multiple methods for placement.
- Learn more about placement testing and exemptions.
- Have questions or need more information? Contact the Director of Career & Testing Services at (828) 448-3155.
AFTER YOU FINISH THESE STEPS, YOU WILL BE READY TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Registering for B-Term classes is different than our traditional method.
- All students will register through Student Services.
- New students must complete the application process before they can register.
- Current WPCC students do not have to see an advisor before registering.
To register, complete the form below and someone from Student Services will be in touch to complete the process. You can also call 828.448.6046 during regular business hours for assistance.
NOTE: REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, OCTOBER 12
If you have questions or need more information about B-Term at WPCC, please submit them below and we will be in touch!
PAY FOR COLLEGE
Payment for B-Term classes is due before
5:00 p.m. October 14, 2020.
WPCC offers a payment plan for B-Term classes. It will be available October 12-14 (closing at 5:00 p.m. on the 14th). You pay 50% down and the remaining 50% of your bill on November 5th. There is a $25 non-refundable fee. Get more information on the payment plan.
Have questions about paying for classes? Like to learn more about opportunities for scholarships, grants, and other forms of assistance? Financial aid can help.