A Partnership Between ASU & WPCC
Get your start on a degree from Appalachian State University by enrolling at Western Piedmont Community College and participating in the Aspire Appalachian program .
The Aspire Appalachian is a Co-Admission Program between Appalachian State University and Western Piedmont Community College that provides you with a seamless pathway for to transfer to Appalachian after completing an Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), or an approved Associated in Applied Science (AAS) degree. Students who complete an eligible associate degree, with a cumulative GPA of 2.25, are guaranteed admissions to Appalachian State University.
Note: Aspire Appalachian does not guarantee student admissions into selected programs of their choice at Appalachian. Specific majors or programs may have additional requirements beyond those for general admission to Appalachian.
- Guaranteed admissions to Appalachian State University
- Waived Appalachian application fee
- On-site admissions and academic advising by Appalachian and Aspire App Advisor at WPCC
- Coordinated Financial Aid Programs
- Access to Appalachian events such as:
- Open House and special webinars
- Workshops offered by Appalachian
- Financial aid
- Field trips and game nights
- T-POP (Transfer Pre-Orientation Program)
To participate in Aspire Appalachian, you must meet these requirements
- Graduated from high school or received a high school equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.25 and upon graduation
- Must be a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Enrolled in or completed ACA-122 with a grade of C or better
- Have at least 2 semesters of coursework (24 hours) remaining at Western Piedmont Community College
- Be on track toward completing an Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), or an approved Associated in Applied Science (AAS) degree within 3 years from date of acceptance into Aspire program
Note: Early College or high school students in a dual enrollment program are not eligible for Aspire
How to Apply
- Complete the Aspire Appalachian Intent form
- Completion of ACA 122 with a grade of C or better to be fully admitted to program
- Once accepted, students will be contacted by WPCC’s Aspire Appalachian admissions contact
- One semester prior to the last semester at Western Piedmont Community College, students will apply to Appalachian.