This program prepares the graduate to draw blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analyzing blood and all duties related to the preparation and maintenance of specimens, equipment, and paperwork. CPR for Basic Life Support Certification is now included with this class.
In order to register for the Phlebotomy class, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a valid driver’s license and social security card (the names must match).
- Minimum age limit is 18
- Required health form will be distributed on the first day of class.
- Successful completion of the Phlebotomy class requires a minimum of 40 hours of clinical experience in addition to the regularly scheduled class. The clinical portion will take place during the last four weeks of the class.
- Applicants must submit a completed criminal background check and drug screen to the clinical facility for approval to participate in clinical training in the facility. Students will be responsible for the cost of health form, drug screen, and background check. The health form and information will be provided the first day of class.
- Textbook is Required “Phlebotomy Handbook: Blood Specimen Collection from Basic to Advanced 10th edition” and is sold in the WPCC Book Cellar (WPCC Bookstore).
- Students must provide personal transportation to assigned clinical affiliate which may require up to one hour travel time.
- Students must adhere to uniform requirements during both the class and clinical portions of the program. The student will also be responsible for the cost of a uniform for lab and clinical. Three sets of scrubs are needs, the uniform is to be ceil blue top and pants.
- Students should expect additional content, i.e., Anatomy & Physiology and Medical Terminology during the Phlebotomy class.
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will be eligible to take the ASPT (American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians) exam for certification in phlebotomy.
If you are interested in our Phlebotomy class, please call (828) 448-6140 for information on how to register.
The Registration Fee is $305 with additional cost for books, uniform, and health form.
All required documentation listed under requirements should be turned in at the Foothills Higher Education Center to be eligible to register for the class. Follow the registration procedure as follows:
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click the button below)
- Walk-in registration held on Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus; or
- Download and Fax the Registration-Form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Current Schedule – There are no planned Phlebotomy Classes for Fall 2019
If you are interested in the next class, please complete the form below.