Nurse Aide II
Classes Held at the
Foothills Higher Education Center
This program prepares students to perform more complex skills for clients or residents regardless of the setting. Topics include sterile technique, catheterizations, care of the client with N-G tubes and IVs.
In order to be admitted into the NA II program, you must:
- Obtain a 10th grade score or better on the Reading section of the TABE test
- Proof of completion of a State approved Nurse Aide I class. (Course Completion Certificate)
- Proof of active CPR certification (Online Certification Not Acceptable, must be American Heart Healthcare Provider).
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED or a sealed transcript of your grades.
- Copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card with matching names on both.
- A letter of recommendation from your immediate supervisor.
- A complete Student Health Record by a licensed healthcare provider. Forms will be given during registration.
- All students are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 to go to the clinical site. Your instructor will give you the deadline for full vaccination on first day of class, but the deadline will be approximately 1 week prior to clinical.
All information should be turned in at the Foothills Higher Education Center prior to first day of class or at TABE testing.
Additional Class Information
- All students will be required to have a criminal background check submitted to Castlebranch. The criminal background check will be conducted after the class begins.
- Applicants listed on the NCNAR I with out-of-state training will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applicants who completed Nurse Aide I training prior to 2006 will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- You are limited to three attempts to become successful and pass CNA II.
- Cost: $230.00
- Textbook: TBA
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will be allowed to register for the NA II class.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division, have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. For example Class starts on Monday, the last day to register is 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
Students may register via the following methods:
- Online (click on the button below)
- Call (828) 448-6046 Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. in order to arrange an appointment for registration at Hildebrand Hall on the main campus.
- Download and fax the registration form. Our fax number is (828) 448-6179.
Register Online for a Nurse Aide II class
Class sessions meet in Room 166 of the Foothills Higher Education Center on Sterling Street in Morganton. The cost of the course is $235. Write down the section number of the class you want to register for to enter in the online registration below.
Request more information about the upcoming Nurse Aide II classes: