Adolescent Mental Health Worker Training
This 24-hour course provides students with specific knowledge of the normal developmental stages of adolescence and a basis to understanding whether an adolescent’s behavior is reasonable and whether the adolescent is on track toward reaching developmental goals in a variety of settings.
- This course was developed by registered nurses and a psychologist from Broughton Hospital.
- The course will be helpful to anyone who wishes to work with adolescents with mental illness.
- Class will meet once a week for three hours for 8 weeks.
- Individuals who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion in mental health facilitation.
- The cost of the course is $70.
- Location: Foothills Higher Education Center, 2128 South Sterling Street, Morganton, NC 28655
- Room: HEC 248.
September 11, 2018: There will be two sessions: AM (8-11 am) and PM (6-9 pm). If you would like more information on an upcoming class, please contact us by calling Wini Bradley at (828) 448-6145 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education classes offered through our Workforce and Professional Development Division have a pre-registration policy, with the exception of Fire/Rescue, Law Enforcement, HRD and CTP program areas. Students must register and pay any registration fees two business days/48 business hours prior to the start date of the class. Deadline to Register: Friday, September 7th.
Students may register via the following methods: