Cool Learning This Summer at WPCC!
Western Piedmont Community is a COOL place to study and learn this summer! Chose from over 100 classes including courses that will transfer to universities in North Carolina, prepare you for employment and provide you a COOL, refreshing learning experience!
See below for the four step enrollment process or call us at 828.448.6031 to talk with some COOL people who are ready to help you. And when you get here, don’t forget to check out our really really COOL Academic Success Center with staff to help you meet your educational goals!
Summer enrollment continues through May 16! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Take Classes This Summer. Get Year Round Pell.
If you are a current WPCC student who received a Pell Grant during the current school year (2017-2018), you may be eligible to to receive a full Pell award for the summer. This allows you to continue taking classes and finish your degree faster.
You should consult with your advisor and plan a course schedule that is manageable during the shorter session and contact the WPCC Financial Aid Office for more details.
We also offer information about this program on our Year Round Pell page.
Attending WPCC This Summer
Visit the Advising Center in Hildebrand Hall, Main Campus [map], or call 828.448.6031 for help enrolling.
You can also check our Summer Semester Guide which provides important information about registration, paying for classes and more!
There are four easy steps to enroll for classes this summer at WPCC.
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Establish your residency status: North Carolina Residency Determination Service. Use your valid Residency Certification Number (RCN) to apply.
- Apply online. For assistance e-mail email@example.com.
- Choose program of study.
- Non-degree seeking students, please select Undecided/Visiting Student (T90990).
- Receive Your Acceptance E-mail
You will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed. It will include your student ID number and WPCC student access ID.
2. Placement Tests & Transcripts
- Take the Placement Test
- Learn more about our placement testing and exemptions.
- Contact the Advising Center 828.448.6046 to schedule an appointment for testing.
- Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center, and/or College Transcripts
- Send transcripts to:
Mail: Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655
- If you received your Adult High School Diploma from WPCC, please download, fill out and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF file open with the free Adobe Reader software) and have the transcript sent to the Admissions Office.
- Request your official high school equivalency transcript by going to the GED Testing Service website and selecting the state where you tested. If you have the option to submit the transcript electronically, have it e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Pay for College
- Contact Financial Aid at (828) 448-6046 or visit the Financial Aid web page for information regarding assistance.
- A convenient monthly Tuition Payment Plan is also available.
Summer 2018 Courses
Here is a sample of the many courses being offered. Click or tap on a course name for a description of the class. For a complete list, including days/times of class meetings and availability, visit our Summer Schedule page.
- ART 266 – Videography I
- ART 267 – Videography II
- CHM 151 – General Chemistry I
- DRA 111 – Theatre Appreciation
- HUM 120 – Cultural Studies
- MAT 172 – Precalculus Trigonometry
- AGR 220 – Agriculture Mechanization
- BUS 125 – Personal Finance
- BUS 137 – Principles of Management
- CTS 130 – Spreadsheet
- ELN 152 – Fabrication Techniques
- AGR 263 – Vegetable Production
- ART 235 – Figure Drawing II
- HOR 245 – Horticultural Specialty Crops
- PCC 118 – Clay: Special Study
- PED 160 – Canoeing – Basic
- PED 171 – Nature Hiking
- PED 173 – Rock Climbing
Have a question, comment, or need more information?
Get in touch with us by calling 828.448.6031 or submitting a request below.