Basic Instructions For Student E-Mail
All WPCC students will be issued an email address with the extension @wpcc.edu.
Student email accounts will be automatically be removed after one year of inactivity or 30 days after official notification of graduation from the Office of Records and Registration.
Students that forward their student email to a personal email account, should log directly into their student email account at least once a month, to keep it active.
- Student email addresses will be automatically created.
- Student services will provide email access information to new applicants.
- Students who officially change their name with student records on or after the beginning of a semester, will NOT be issued a new username or email address until the upcoming semester. This is to ensure accurate reporting and prevent the accidental deletion of any completed coursework.
WPCC Support – email@example.com Please type “Student E-Mail Help” in the email subject textbox.
Instructions for Activating Your Student Email Account
- Web link: To access your student email account, go to the Western Piedmont Home page and click on “Student Email” under Western Piedmont Online.
- Sign-in: Type your WPCC username and password in the appropriate boxes, and click the “Sign In” button.
- Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) The first time you log in it will ask for your time zone.
- Username format:
- If you are at the Western Piedmont Community College screen, type your first initial and last name, e.g. Jane Doe would be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password is the same as your WPCC student password. If you are having problems with your password, re-set your it at Password Master. NOTE: This changes your password for Pioneer Pass, Moodle, and other services you use at WPCC, so you should use the new password with these services too.
- For security reasons, students are encouraged to change their initial email password through Password Master.