Employee or Independent Contractor?
Webinar – Learn about defining “Employee”; the three control factors; key vendor characteristics; the Voluntary Classification Settlement Program. Online with 50 minutes of content plus additional resources.
Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant
Webinar – This webinar provides small business owners with the basics for effective conversations with their accountants, they will learn more about legitimate tax opportunities that are available to them. Online with 60 minutes of content plus additional resources.
Business Use of Your Home
Webinar – Find out what kinds of deductions are allowable for your home office and what’s not by watching this video.
60 minutes of content online.
Webinar – Depreciation is an income tax deduction that allows a taxpayer to recover the cost or other basis of certain property. This video will help Individual taxpayers and small business owners to properly claim this tax deduction. Online content of 60 minutes with additional resources.
Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes
Webinar – Learn about the tax benefits available to you and how best to avoid common mistakes small business owners may make. IRS representatives will also be available for a question and answer session directly after the presentation.
Online approximately 55 minutes.
Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
The Virtual Workshop is composed of nine interactive lessons designed to help new small business owners learn their tax rights and responsibilities. Approximately 3 hours of content. Those lessons are:
• Lesson 1 – What you need to know about federal taxes and your new business
• Lesson 2 – What you need to know about Schedule C and other small business taxes and tax forms
• Lesson 3 – How to file and pay your taxes electronically
• Lesson 4 – What you need to know when you run your business out of your home
• Lesson 5 – How to set up a retirement plan for yourself and your employees
• Lesson 6 – What you need to know about federal taxes when hiring employees or contractors
• Lesson 7 – How to manage payroll so you withhold the correct amount from employee
• Lesson 8 – How to make tax deposits and file a return to report your payroll taxes
• Lesson 9 – Hiring people who live in the U.S. but who aren’t U.S. citizens