Classes Held at the Foothills Higher Education Center
Phlebotomy Refresher classes are for Phlebotomy folks who have let their certification lapse or want to update their skill level.
HS Diploma/GED, successful completion of a formal Phlebotomy Training Program in the past 5 years with proof of a minimum of 100 successful venipunctures. If a formal training has been in the past 5-10 years, student must provide documentation of 2 years in Phlebotomy work experience. As a refresher, this class will include theory and lab only. This is a mandatory 50 hours. Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Refresher class, the student is eligible to re-certify through the ASPT organization.
For Information on our Phlebotomy Refresher classes, call Wendy Houk Allied Heath Coordinator (828) 448-3532.
In order to register for the Phlebotomy Refresher class, you must:
- Provide a copy of your Driver’s License and Social Security card with names that match.
- A copy of all required paperwork must also be turned in to the instructor on the first day of class. Copy of training course certificate from the past 5 years or if course taken 5-10 years ago, need proof of 2 years of work experience as a phlebotomist.
- Copy of Drivers license, SS card, proof of venipunctures all need to be turned in.
- Bring all copies of the information to Wendy Houk at the Foothills Higher Education Center BEFORE the first day of class.
- Cost: $125 this includes registration fee, supplies, and student insurance.
- Textbook required: Blood Specimen Collection from Basic to Advanced, 9th Edition
- This class is 50 hours
- Students may register online at any time; registration is also in Hildebrand Hall on the main campus Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Fall 2017 Session
Monday, 10/25/17 – 12/11/17
(Mondays/Wednesdays 5:00 pm -9:00 pm, except last day, 12/11/17 which is a 2 hour 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – No Class on 11/22/17)
Class Section Number #53417
Cost is $125.00