Personal Enrichment Continuing Education
Western Piedmont Community College’s philosophy of “lifelong learning,” sustaining personal growth, expanding horizons, and making new friends, is well represented in this varied array of continuing education courses focusing on applied arts, music, history, recreation, computer skills, healthy lifestyles and cultural studies. There are no tests and no academic requirements. Informal class sessions encourage comments, questions, and lively discussions.
Personal Enrichment classes will display a Sign Me Up or Register Now option. The Sign Me Up option will let us know your interest in receiving more information about the class once dates, times or fees have been established. Classes with the Register Now option have been scheduled with assigned dates, times and fees.
- See all current personal enrichment course offerings and check availability on the Personal Enrichment Calendar
Check Availability by Class Type
Camps, Day Trips & Tours
- Experience outdoor adventure and nature walks or visit a museum or historic site
- Summer Teen Tech Camps
- Archaeology Field School
- Classes offered include Notary Public, Electrical Code Update, & Auto Dealer Renewal
- See all current certification classes.
Computers, Technology, Software
- Classes offered include, Microsoft office, basic computer knowledge, smartphone, tablets and more
- See all current computers, technology, software classes.
Culinary, Food & Beverage
- Classes offered include, herbs, wine, beer, brewing and general food ideas
- See all current culinary, food, & beverage classes.
- Learn to trace the origins of your family through genealogy software.
- See all current genealogy classes
Health & Wellness
- Topics include yoga, meditation, and more.
- See all current health & wellness classes
History and Culture
- Discussion topics include American and world history, Wars, music, film, and more.
- See all current history and culture classes
- Classes in small home repairs, plumbing, electrical and more
- See all current home design & repair classes
Gardening & Sustainable Living
- Classes in landscaping, gardening, floral design, interior decorating, and architecture.
- See all current home and garden classes
- Explore the human experience and enhance your creativity.
- See all current life enrichment classes
- Learn the art of bluegrass, classical guitar, and other instruments.
- See all current outdoor recreation classes
- Classes focusing on saving and investing, credit and debt, and becoming savvy about personal money management.
- See all current personal finance classes
- Beginning and advanced photography courses including film, digital, landscape photography, and portraiture.
- See all current photography classes
- Classes offered include pottery, wood, sculpture, and more.
- See all current professional crafts classes.
- Beginning and advanced sign language classes
- See all current sign language classes
Online ed2go Course Offerings
- Learn from the comfort of your home through a wide range of online courses.
- See all current ed2go classes
|August 27, 2017||August 28, 2017||August 29, 2017||August 30, 2017||August 31, 2017||September 1, 2017||September 2, 2017|
|September 3, 2017||September 4, 2017||September 5, 2017||September 6, 2017||September 7, 2017||September 8, 2017||September 9, 2017|
|September 10, 2017||September 11, 2017||September 12, 2017||September 13, 2017||September 14, 2017
5:30 pm: Functional Hand Built Pottery
|September 15, 2017||September 16, 2017|
|September 17, 2017||September 18, 2017
5:30 pm: Build Your First Chair
|September 19, 2017||September 20, 2017||September 21, 2017||September 22, 2017||September 23, 2017|
|September 24, 2017||September 25, 2017||September 26, 2017||September 27, 2017||September 28, 2017||September 29, 2017
9:30 am: Wood Design Challenge - 52820
|September 30, 2017|
Like More Information?
Note: All classes are self-supporting. Self-supporting classes are classes not supported by state dollars. All costs associated with these classes are paid through student registration fees.