Research has shown that distance education courses often have trouble with retention due to feelings of isolation students experience from lack of interaction in online courses. This session will provide specific examples of how instructors can utilize a variety of online tools and instructional strategies to actively engage online students in the learning process. Topics covered will include: developing ice breakers, improving discussion boards, integrating blogs and wikis and much more.
Presentation- https://goo.gl/HtCNrj (PDF Document) – (A captured screen recording will be posted later)
- Directions for Google Slides Introduction Activity- Welcome to the Class Introductions Activity
- Google Slides Introduction Activity PPT Template- Google Slides Class Introductions-Master Template
- Directions for Setting Up Master Template in Google Slides- Directions for Customizing Google Slide Presentation for Your Own Class
- Online Library Scavenger Hunt- ACA 122 Chapter 11- Library Online Resources Scavenger Hunt-2
- Schedule of Assignments- Schedule of Assignments with Points and Due Dates