February 13, 2017 –
Date: February 13-February 20, 2017
Time: 0800-1700 (49.5 Hours)
Location: Moore Hall - Room 15
NOTE: You MUST already be hired as an Emergency Services Telecommunicator in order to attend this class
This course goal is to provide participants with the entry level knowledge and skills to practice as an emergency services telecommunicator.
- To define the role and explain characteristics of professional telecommunicators, stress and the telecommunicators, telecommunicator’s Code of Ethics.
- Identify & demonstrate the operation of major equipment
- Identify major information resources
- Differentiate between organization, general operation, terminology, common service, fire & emergency, medical services, and the NC Division of Emergency Management
- Demonstrate common call reception
- Identify civil liability
- Identify basic radio broadcast techniques
- Demonstrate a telecommunications training practicum