April 27, 2017 –
Dates: 4/27 - 5/18/17 Thursday(s)
Meeting Location See Below
Class Section Number: 50517
Enjoy exploring Burke County’s craft breweries in this entertaining class as you learn more about beer styles and beer making. Students will travel between some of Burke’s breweries and beer venues. Impress your friends with your knowledge as you learn the difference between an IPA and a Stout as well as the impact of various beer ingredients. The staff will select the first night’s location, but following visits will be determined by popular vote from our group. Students will purchase their own beer and food. This class meets every other week. Instructor: Nancy Flango. (Limited enrollment of 16 per session, must be 21 or older)(4 sessions)
1st Meeting Location:
- Fonta Flora Brewery
- 317 N Green St, Morganton, NC 28655
Western Piedmont Community College (WPCC) maintains documentation outlining its drug and alcohol prevention measures. These documents, WPCC Policy Manual and Promoting a Drug-Free Workplace and Campus are available by clicking the previous links or in printable form in the Offices of Human Resources and Student Development.
- For both employees and students, WPCC’s documentation, Promoting a Drug-Free Workplace and Campus, clearly defines the College’s expectations for the prevention of drug and alcohol abuse. Per regulation requirements, this document is distributed annually to both groups.
- WPCC strongly assumes employee and student compliance with the expectations defined in the document above. However, sanctions associated with non-compliance are included. In addition, this document describes example illicit drug and alcohol substances along with the health risks associated with their use. The document further defines the North Carolina legal penalties surrounding the possession, sale, or delivery of these substances. The document concludes with a listing of organizations and agencies that can offer assistance for overcoming drug or alcohol abuse.
- For employees and students, interested parties may refer to the WPCC Policy Manual for additional guidelines regarding drug and alcohol abuse.
- Another WPCC document, Substance Abuse Information & Resources, is also available to both employees and students.