Outstanding Alumnus Award
The Outstanding Alumnus Award is an honor that provides recognition for exceptional achievement by former students of Western Piedmont Community College. To be an eligible candidate, a former student must have successfully completed at least 45 quarter/30 semester hours credit toward a degree at an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of Western Piedmont Community College. In the process of earning credits toward a degree, the candidate must have attained a minimum of 22 quarter/15 semester hours credit at Western Piedmont Community College. The award is presented annually at the spring graduation ceremony.
The following criteria for recipients should be considered in the selection process:
- The candidate has exemplified professional growth through recognized accomplishments;
- The candidate has participated in community and civic activities; and
- The candidate has demonstrated support for the goals and objectives of Western Piedmont Community College.
Other significant attributes that might also be given consideration include:
- The candidate has continued an educational growth process; and
- The candidate has overcome adversity in the successful pursuit of educational and professional accomplishments.
Nominate an Outstanding Alumnus Today!
Western Piedmont Foundation is now accepting nominations for the Outstanding Alumnus Award. Please fill out our online nomination form or contact Amy Elliott at (828)448-3125 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a hard copy application form. You may submit a nomination anytime throughout the year, but the nomination deadline for 2016 is Friday, January 27.
Also, check out a listing of all of our Outstanding Alumnus Award Past Recipients!