Finish High School
Welcome to the WPCC
College and Career Readiness Program!
New student orientation is required!
Students interested in day classes should attend day orientation sessions which are Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Students interested in evening classes should attend evening orientation sessions which are Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00-9:00 pm.
Call (828) 448-6750 for more information
Western Piedmont Community College offers two ways to finish your high school education.
Adult High School Program
- Combine credits earned in public school with credits earned in our free Adult High School Program.
- Choose to complete 22 credits and earn a high school diploma issued jointly by Burke County Public Schools and Western Piedmont Community College.
High School Equivalency Program
- WPCC’s High School Equivalency Program gives you the chance to earn a diploma through a national program.
- Pass the HiSET, TASC, or GED® Test to earn your diploma,
- Prepare by studying language arts, science, social studies, and math in our free classes at the Jim A. Richardson Complex off Enola Road at 200 East College Drive [map], community sites, and online, and
- Receive your High School Equivalency Diploma issued by the State of North Carolina!
Why Finish High School?
- Increase your income.
- Increase your job opportunities.
- Complete a requirement for college or military service entry.
- Be a role model for your children.
- Help your children with their homework.
- Increase your options for the future.
- Feel better about yourself!
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education. Used under license.
Get More Information
Want to learn more about your options to finish high school? Visit our Get More Information page and send us your questions or call (828) 448-6750.
We look forward to seeing you on campus!