Financial Aid Student Rights
Students have the right to know:
- The types of financial assistance available at WPCC including federal, state, and local financial aid programs.
- The standards of how financial aid recipients are chosen.
- How to apply for the different financial aid programs and the deadlines for each.
- The type of financial assistance received and how the amounts of each were determined.
- How and when the financial aid will be distributed.
- How cost of attendance budget was developed at WPCC (tuition/fees, books and supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses, etc.)
- What resources are considered when calculating your financial need (Assets, other financial aid, parental contribution, etc.)
- The interest rate and repayment provisions if the student is borrowing Stafford Loan money.
- The policy for withdrawals and refunds for students who drop out.
- How WPCC determines whether you are making satisfactory academic progress and the consequences if you are not.
- All students are responsible for maintaining communication with the College and keeping on file with the Record’s Office at all times a currents address, including zip code and telephone number.
- Students who receive financial assistance from sources outside the College are required to notify the Financial Aid Office to prevent the over award of Federal funds.
- Complete financial aid applications completely and accurately and submit them to WPCC by the established deadlines.
- Supply all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Accept responsibility for all signed agreements; therefore, read, understand, and keep copies of all financial aid correspondence they are asked to sign.
- Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of all changes: new addresses, new names, change of marital status, change of major, or other changes.
- The student is required to notify the Financial Aid Office if he is withdrawing from classes, adding classes, or withdrawing from the College.
- Be aware of WPCC’s withdrawal and refund policy.
- In Regards to Federal Stafford Loans: Students who are eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan must complete additional paperwork to be approved for a loan.
- Additional paperwork includes: Master Promissory Note, Loan Request Form, and Entrance Loan Counseling.