A number of scholarships are made available to WPCC students through the state, individual donors, businesses, and civic organizations. Scholarships can be awarded based on merit, financial need, program of study, essays, and other qualifications.
The following list of scholarships is updated monthly so check back often to see what new scholarships are available. Scholarship applications and eligibility requirements can be accessed by clicking the “Scholarship Information” links listed in the table below. These documents are PDF files which can be opened with the free Adobe Reader.
Visit cfnc.org for various scholarships offered in North Carolina.
Additional information and hard copy applications can be found in the Financial Aid Rack in Student Services or by contacting the Financial Aid Office in Hildebrand Hall or at (828) 448-6046.
|Scholarship Name||Amount||Application Deadline|
|Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship|
|Up to $40k/year||November 27, 2018|
|Morganton Humanist Alliance|
|$500||December 15, 2018|
|Eula G. “Trudy” Thompson Scholarship|
|Varies||March 25, 2019|
*View a complete listing of all scholarships offered through the WPCC Foundation here.
Tips for Completing a Successful Application
- Complete the application in full. If a question doesn’t apply, note that on the application. Don’t just leave a blank.
- Follow directions. Provide all additional documents that are required, but don’t supply documents that aren’t requested.
- Neatness counts. Always type your application, or if you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
- Write an essay that makes a strong impression. The key to writing a strong essay is to be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive: the who, what, where, and when of your topic. The simplest experience can be monumental if you present honestly how you were affected.
- Watch all deadlines. To help keep yourself on track, impose your own deadline that is at least two weeks prior to the official deadline. Use the buffer time to make sure everything is ready on time. The WPCC Scholarship Application and essay are due on June 1st.
- Make sure your application gets to where it needs to go. Put your name on all pages of the application. If you mail in your completed application, double check that the mailing address is correct.
- Give it a final “once-over.” Proofread the entire application carefully. Be on the lookout for misspelled words or grammatical errors. Ask a friend, teacher or parent to proof read it as well.
- Complete the FAFSA by June 1st. The 2018-19 FAFSA can be completed at www.fafsa.gov.