Get Started on Your Future This Fall
at Western Piedmont!
You don‘t have to wait until August to sign up for the fall semester at WPCC. Open Enrollment runs April 3 – August 4,. You can register for classes at any time during this period.
If you’re new to WPCC, follow the steps below to start getting ready for fall. If you are a continuing student, make an appointment with your advisor to sign up for classes.
Fall Semester starts August 14
Class Schedule & Semester Information
- Click or tap to see the Fall, 2017 WPCC Class Schedules.
- Get information on registration information and dates in the Fall Semester Guide.
- If you are taking classes to transfer to another college or university, you must complete an application before you can register. Follow the steps below to start the enrollment process.
New to WPCC? Start Now To Register
Becoming a student at WPCC is a simple process! Here are four easy steps to help you Find YOUR Way to an exciting future at WPCC! Click or tap on a step to learn more about how to complete it. If you need help completing any of the steps please visit us in the Advising Center in Hildebrand Hall on our Main Campus or call us at (828) 448-6046.
1. Complete An Admissions Application
- Complete an Application for Admission
You can apply immediately by submitting an online application. You may also stop Student Services in Hildebrand Hall [map] or call (828) 448-6046 to get an application.
- After your application is received and approved, you will receive an acceptance letter.
The letter will include your WPCC Student ID number along with other valuable information and reminders, including login instructions for your WPCC student email account. Be sure to check your assigned WPCC email often, as this is how WPCC will communicate with you when you are a student.
- Choose Your Major: The Career Center Can Help
If you are not sure what you would like to study or which career to choose, you can call (828) 448-3565 or visit our Career Center online, where you will find many resources that can help you determine your interests and career path. You might also want to view our overview of College programs and services video.
2. Take Placement Test & Submit Transcripts
- Schedule Placement Tests
Most programs offered by WPCC require that you take all or part of a series of placement tests. The purpose of placement testing is to determine the level at which you should begin your college course work. Contact the Advising Center at (828) 448-6046 to learn more or to schedule a test. For more information on what to expect from the placement test or to find resources on how to study for the test, visit the Placement Test webpage.
- Request Your Official High School, GED/AHS Center, and/or College(s) Transcripts. When contacting your school(s) to request your transcript(s), ask to have them sent to the WPCC Admissions Office, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655. WPCC also participates in the National Student Clearinghouse electronic transcript service. Get more information on eTranscripts.
- Getting transcripts to WPCC early is important!
Be sure to send any college transcripts as soon as possible because classes you’ve taken may exempt you from part or all of the placement test. NOTE: If you received your GED or Adult High School Diploma from WPCC, you must still request for it to be sent to the Admissions Office.
3. Plan To Pay For College
- Find Help Paying for Tuition and Supplies
Many forms of financial assistance are available and you may qualify. It is important to apply early! To find out more about the opportunities and application process, visit or call (828) 448-3151 which reaches our Financial Aid Office in Student Services, or visit the Financial Aid web page. For students who do not qualify for Financial Aid, WPCC offers a convenient monthly Tuition Payment Plan.
4. Register For Classes
- Get to Know Your Advisor
After being accepted, you should conact your advisor, who will be an invaluable resource in helping you set your class schedule and will be able to offer helpful hints for you to make the most of your time here at WPCC. Your advisor’s contact information can be found in your academic profile in Pioneer Pass.
- Register for Your Classes
After meeting with you advisor, you may register for classes during Open Registration (going on April 3-August 4). The latest Class Schedules are available online and you can also access the Fall Semester Guide. After you finish registering for classes, print your schedule through Pioneer Pass and take this with you to pay your tuition.
- Buy Your Textbooks at the Book Cellar
Located on the lower level in Hildebrand Hall [map] the Book Cellar stocks textbooks and other supplies for your classes. If you have financial aid, you can also use your funds to purchase books here. Please keep your receipts and do not mark in your books until you are sure that you don’t need to return them. Many textbooks are now including an access code for their online component – be sure to keep that! Learn more about the Book Cellar.
- Get Your Student ID
Stop by Moore Hall [map] to have your photo made and pick up your Student ID.
You’ll find helpful information in our class schedules page as you plan your curriculum classes. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Have a question, comment, or need more information? Get in touch with us by submitting a request below. We’ll be in touch!