Emergency Medical Services
Contact Lee Kiser, Dean of Workforce & Professional Develoopment
(828) 448-6707 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Piedmont Community College offers area rescue personnel training opportunities throughout the year, including Emergency Medical Technician-Basic and Paramedic courses. Learn more about our course offerings below.
EMS Training Calendars
- Current EMS Training Calendar 2017
- 2017 CPR Schedule
- Current Fire and Rescue Training Calendar 2017
- State Wide Emergency Services Training Classes
Here are the scheduled Emergency Medical Services classes currently being offered by WPCC:
Emergency Medical Technician
January 22-May 31, 2018
Monday/Thursday – 6:00-10:00 p.m.
(9 Saturday meetings from 8:30 AM-5:00 PM: 1/27, 2/10, 2/24, 3/3, 3/17, 3/31, 4/21, 4/28, 5/12)
- TABE placement test for reading comprehension (minimum 11th grade reading level)
TEST RESULTS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER.
- Emergency Care: 13th Edition + My Brady Lab (ISBN 0134190750) •Approximate Cost $180 Contact the WPCC Book Cellar • (828) 448-3186
- $180 Registration Fee (unless fee exempt)
- $14.20 Accident & Liability Insurance fee
- $16 WPCC shirt (required for clinical)
- $11.50 Background Check (per last name)
- Hepatitis B Virus Vaccine or Declination (not included)
- TEXTBOOKS ARE NOT INCLUDED
To sign up for the EMT class, click or tap the button below:
EMT-Basic and Paramedic Classes
Our EMT Basic and Paramedic classes run continuously with various start dates. If you are interested in either of these classes, please complete the form below and someone from the College will contact you.