Sometimes when you attend college, you need options, like where and when you take your classes.
Western Piedmont Community College offers ways to take courses or programs online through our Distance Learning division. Online courses are comparable to our on-campus classes, but you have flexibility to schedule where and when you study.
Find out if Distance Learning is right for you.
What We Offer
WPCC provides two levels of online learning: individual classes and online programs.
You can take individual classes online at WPCC. Here are some reasons to consider an online class:
- You need flexibility in scheduling a class
- You are at another college or university and would like to take a class to transfer back to your school
- You have an interest in a particular subject and want to learn more
Here’s the current schedule of online classes being offered. You can also see a list of classes we offer online every semester on this page. Select a name in the list for a course description, including credit hours and any pre-requisite classes that might be required.
Online Programs Offered at WPCC
In addition to individual classes, Western Piedmont offers the following programs completely online, which you can complete without taking a class on campus.
Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Computerized Accounting Certificate
- General Accounting Certificate
- General Business Certificate
- Microsoft Office Certificate
- Computer Networking Certificate
- Law Enforcement Technology Certificate
- Private Security Technology Certificate
- General Office Certificate
In addition, the following programs are available with at least 75% of their classes being offered online. You CANNOT complete these programs without scheduling some courses at WPCC. For more information, contact Student Services.
- Associate in Arts (College Transfer)
- Associate in Science (College Transfer
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Office Administration
Questions or Comments?
If you would like more information on WPCC’s Distance Learning classes, please contact us.