Applying for Financial Aid
WPCC School Code: 002982
How do I apply for financial aid?
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA. View this online tutorial for an overview of how to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov
- WPCC’s priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA online is June 1st of each year.
- Be sure you have also submitted an application for admission to WPCC and any other college you may attend in the coming year.
- Once the FAFSA is completed online, the Department of Education will provide a confirmation page with ESTIMATED financial aid award amounts. Please be aware that award amounts are not final until your FAFSA has been reviewed and processed by the Financial Aid Office of the college you are attending.
I’ve completed the FAFSA, now what??
- After completing the FAFSA, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) either by mail or email. You should check the SAR for any discrepancies or errors. If you find anything that needs to be corrected, you can make those changes on the paper SAR and mail it to the Central Processing Center, or you can log into your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and make corrections online. You can always check the status of your submitted FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- Many FAFSAs are selected for a process called verification. If you are selected for verification, WPCC must collect documentation to check the accuracy of the FAFSA information. The Financial Aid Office will send an email to your WPCC email account if you are selected for verification. The email will inform you that there are documents which you must provide in order to finalize your financial aid. WPCC students can also view documents needed through Pioneer Pass under the My Document link. Your financial aid will not be processed until all required documents have been received and verification has been completed.
- Once all required documentation has been received and processed, you will receive an award notification via your WPCC email account.
- 2013-2014 financial aid award notifications (for those students with completed financial aid files for the 2013-2014 academic year) will be sent to students’ WPCC email accounts beginning June, 2013.
- WPCC continues to process and notify students of financial aid award status as files are received and completed throughout the entire academic year.