Located in Hildebrand Hall
- Vicki Holder, Career Counselor
(828) 448-3565, Hildebrand Hall 132
Personal or crisis counseling, career counseling, resume assistance, mock interviews by appointment
- Sherry Vannoy, Student Services Counselor
(828) 448-3180, Hildebrand Hall 131
Resume assistance, mock interviews, job search tips by appointment
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
unless room is being used for small group testing, meetings, or classes
- Monday-Thursday: 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
with supervision of Student Services Evening Counselor
The Career Center library houses a variety of printed resources addressing career exploration, job search tools, and self-help topics related to student issues. Computers are available for career assessments and employment searches.
Job Search Resources
Students! Access current job listings at College Central Network
- Indeed: one search. all jobs.Access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites by city and state.
- Simply HiredFind local jobs, salary comparisons and employment trends. New jobs added daily.
- Occupational Outlook HandbookLink to Occupational Outlook Handbook. Detailed career information, job search tips, and employment projections.
- North Carolina Office of State Human Resources – Employment with North CarolinaNC information regarding job listings for Broughton, JIRDC, NCSD, DOC, DOT, etc.
- Work for North Carolina SchoolsInformation and vacant positions for Burke County Public Schools.
Career Exploration Resources
CFNC Career Planning Tools
Here’s a computerized career assessment program (and more) to help you explore careers.
Pathways to career success
- Jung Typology Test
Learn more about your personality typw
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Learn more about jobs and employment trends in the U.S.
- Big Future Major Career Search
Explore college majors and career options on the College Board site
- North Carolina Health Careers
Details on health careers in the Tar Heel State
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics website with details on future demand for occupations
- O*Net Online
A career exploration and job analysis website
Mental and Physical Health Resources
- American Psychological Association Help Center
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Burke County Health Department
- Grace Hospital
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Mental Health America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- North Carolina Psychiatric Association
- North Carolina Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- US Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Health
Relationship Violence and Sexual Assault Resources
- Options of Burke County
- North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Resource Center
- Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
- North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assualt
- National Center for Victims of Crime
Substance Abuse Resources
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Partnership for a Drug Free NC
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- US Department of Education, Higher Ed. Center for Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Violence Prevention
- Alcoholics Anonymous Information and Meeting Locator
- Narcotics Anonymous Information and Meeting Locator
- American Lung Association
Social Services Resources
- North Carolina Division of Social Services
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- The Benefit Bank of North Carolina
- US Department of Health and Human Services