Skip to main content

Harrassment/Sex Offenders


Western Piedmont Community College prohibits any form of disability harassment involving any of its employees or between a College employee and a student of the College in the College relationship, whether it be in the form of a College employee harassing a student with a disability or a student with a disability harassing a College employee. The College has a firm belief and has established a policy that all employees are entitled to work and all students are entitled to learn in an environment free of discrimination based on a disability. Any act, comment, or behavior which is of a harassing nature and which in any way interferes with an employee or a student’s performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment is strictly prohibited. Any student or employee who feels he or she has been subjected to harassment due to a disability may file a complaint with the Disability Access Office. Complaints involving the Disability Access Office should be filed with the Vice President of Administrative Services. Complaints involving the Vice President of Administrative Services should be filed with the President.


Western Piedmont Community College is committed to providing a classroom and workforce environment free from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination, illegal under state and federal law and a violation of College policy. Sexual harassment may affect any member of the College community—students, faculty and staff. Complaints are dealt with promptly and appropriate action is taken. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to learn more about their rights and responsibilities with regard to this issue. Any inquiries you may make will be handled with professionalism and confidentiality. Students may contact the Dean of Student Services in Hildebrand Hall. Employees may contact the Director of Human Resources in Moore Hall. Guidelines for filing a grievance are found in the Student Handbook and in the Policy Manual.


Students seeking information about registered sex offenders in the region may contact the local Sheriff’s Department or go to the NC State Bureau of Investigation website: