IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SPRING GRADUATES
Graduation is fast approaching! Here are some important reminders for those graduating in May.
Important Information for All Spring Graduates
- You must complete the Graduation Completers Survey before picking up your cap and gown or picking up your degree/diploma.
- All outstanding financial obligations to WPCC must be paid prior to graduation. (For example: parking tickets, delinquent library fines, etc.)
- All graduates who have received a Federal Stafford loan at WPCC and have not completed exit loan counseling need to go to studentloans.gov to complete the survey. You must print the Confirmation page and bring it with you when you pick up your cap and gown. If you have any questions, please contact Dori Barron at (828) 448-3170.
- All outstanding official transcripts must be sent to us by Tuesday, May 8, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Williams at (828) 448-6049 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Graduates Not Participating in the Graduation Ceremony
- Degrees/diplomas will be available for pick up providing all of your outstanding obligations have been met beginning Friday, June 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day in the Student Records Office located in Hildebrand Hall, Room 106.
Summer 2018 Completers
If you have not applied for Summer Completion, the final deadline for early review is Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Download a copy of the graduation application, Pick up a copy in Student Services, print form from Moodle, or request one be sent to you.
- Meet with your advisor
- Return the application on or before June 22, 2018 to the Records Office in Hildebrand Hall, Room 106. Documentation used by your advisor needs to be attached to the application.
- A preliminary graduation audit will be conducted through Student Services. You will receive a letter indicating completion of hours and payment information for the business office. If you have not met all requirements, a letter will be sent to you and your advisor listing these deficiencies.
- If your graduation audit reveals that you have completed, or are currently registered for all classes required for graduation, a $30 graduation fee will be added to your student account. This fee will be good for the current academic year in which you applied. If you do not complete all of the required courses within the academic year in which you applied, you will be charged an additional $30 fee upon re-application.
- Students who do not intend to register for any outstanding courses during the early registration period should not submit a graduation application until registered or by the final deadline of Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Reminder: There will not be a Summer Graduation Ceremony. Summer Completers will have an opportunity to participate in a future Graduation Ceremony.
Help Desk in Moore Hall
Need help with a
computer issue or student ID?
The Help Desk has moved from
the LRC in Phifer Hall to
Room 17 in Moore Hall.
Join Us On Facebook
In honor of National Medical Laboratory Professional Week (4/22-4/28) we are proud to boast that our MLT Program produces a 100% pass rate on the national certification exam (past 4 years!) and 100% employment upon graduation. Not too shabby, huh? These students GET RESULTS! Visit www.wpcc.edu/mlt to learn more about this program and make contact with our staff. A few spaces remain available for our Fall 2018 class so reach out today! #Labweek #WPCCPioneerProud ... See MoreSee Less
Congratulations to the 2018 Fire Academy Graduates from our WPCC Emergency Services Program! This is the second year in a row that all cadets starting the Academy, completed the Academy,...and it's been a tough 14 weeks! Way to go, ladies and gentleman and THANK YOU to the families, friends and local fire, rescue and public safety agencies that supported these students. We are thankful for you and #WPCCPioneerProud of these graduates!Congratulations to the 2018 Academy Graduates ... See MoreSee Less
Believe it or not, there are only 3 weeks of Spring classes left before graduation!! This year's ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 12 at the City of Morganton Municipal Auditorium and we will be honored by having Dr. Leslie McKessson as our speaker for both ceremonies (10 am and 2pm). Check out a recent TEDxHickory talk that Dr. McKesson presented titled, gRaCE: Growing Racial and Cultural Empathy. Thank you, Dr. McKesson for your approach to the world! #WPCCPioneerProud.In a world divided along many lines, where individualism and personal ambition breed polarization, it is easy to get caught up in the rhetoric and lose sight... ... See MoreSee Less
For your Sunday viewing pleasure, check out this WPCC student video about our Professional Craft: Wood program where you'll learn to use all the tools you'll need to build furniture, home accessories or art,...or whatever your creative and innovate juices take you! Watch and then learn more by visiting www.wpcc.edu/crafts. Nice work Sydney Garnto and John Ferguson! #WPCCPioneerProudyoutube.com ... See MoreSee Less
We are #WPCCPioneerProud of our Building Construction and Sustainable Agriculture students and faculty for their participation in the Burke County Public Schools Construction Rodeo! Thank you for all that you did to make this event a HUGE success. And congratulations to East Burke High School student, Braxton Lowman for winning a scholarship to WPCC's Construction Program!
Learn more about this program by visiting www.wpcc.edu/building-construction/ ... See MoreSee Less
Registration for Summer Semester starts TOMORROW! Visit www.wpcc.edu/summer or come see us on campus to Find YOUR Way to COOL learning this summer. In addition to transfer courses and classes to build your job skills, hiking, canoeing, climbing, pottery and art classes are also offered,..and are guaranteed to provide you a fun learning experience! ... See MoreSee Less
Contact Us For Help
If you have any questions please stop by Student Services in Hildebrand Hall or call (828) 448-6046. If you’re having trouble with Pioneer Pass, your email, or other computer issues, visit the Help Desk online or call (828) 448-6030. You are also welcome to get in touch with us by submitting a request below.